Radio Ratings for Syd, Mel, Bris, Ade and Perth

(ツ)

26 minutes ago, rantan said:

Does anyone actually care worth a damn?

Yes... I do.

Don't forget we have just merged with DTV Forum Rantan... so you will see such posts from now on mixed in with all the cable debates etc. ;)

The gentleman you replying to is a long standing member who has made many contributions over the years.

JSmith :ninja:

• Like 4

16 hours ago, rantan said:

Does anyone actually care worth a damn?

@rantan
As has been noted, we are now a broader community with expanded interests.
Please be more welcoming to our new members.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Amazed to see only commercial stations ratings up there. I know RTR FM is hugely popular here in Perth and their equivalent community stations in other cities ignored too. Would love to see how their numbers stack-up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grimmie said:

Amazed to see only commercial stations ratings up there. I know RTR FM is hugely popular here in Perth and their equivalent community stations in other cities ignored too. Would love to see how their numbers stack-up.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing here, being an avid RTRFM listener and donor. I assume there are fees to be involved in the survey and some stations on a shoestring budget dont see it as worthwhile.

Edited by enikoy
  • Like 1

I don't really care too much in general, but interested to see that JJJ has lost ground in Melbourne and Adelaide, but gained in the other three (major) capitals.

Perhaps MEL/ADL have a higher percentage of people moving to streaming for their 'alternative'/new music or a greater choice of high quality community radio offerings?

Edited by ~Spyne~
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimmie said:

1 hour ago, enikoy said:

Yes, I was thinking the same thing here, being an avid RTRFM listener and donor. I assume there are fees to be involved in the survey and some stations on a shoestring budget dont see it as worthwhile.

The surveys are put together by a group sponsored by the commercial radio fraternity which is why some stations are missing. I personally prefer community radio over the repetitive music played on commercial radio. I think RTR would be the same as FBI Sydney or PBS Melbourne? Some stations do their own surveys and generally rate very well.

One other station I do like that isn't listed is the Classic Rock station on 1377am - 60's - 80's rock in Melbourne :)

1 hour ago, ~Spyne~ said:

I don't really care too much in general, but interested to see that JJJ has lost ground in Melbourne and Adelaide, but gained in the other three (major) capitals.

Perhaps MEL/ADL have a higher percentage of people moving to streaming for their 'alternative'/new music or a greater choice of high quality community radio offerings?

I would agree more people are moving to streaming of late. I've often found the music played on Melbourne commercial radio is better than in Sydney which might explain the JJJ result.

13 hours ago, wolster said:

@rantan
As has been noted, we are now a broader community with expanded interests.
Please be more welcoming to our new members.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Ok Wol.

So long as I am not deemed to be irrelevant by someone who has been here for 5 minutes. Respect  is a two way street

4 minutes ago, rantan said:

Ok Wol.

So long as I am not deemed to be irrelevant by someone who has been here for 5 minutes. Respect  is a two way street

True, but if you don't give it first up then you don't earn it back.

• Like 1

Just now, Kaynin said:

True, but if you don't give it first up then you don't earn it back.

I expressed my opinion and was flamed for doing so. It wasn't an ad hominem  but the reply was.

Hi rantan, just for the record I respect all points of view regardless of whether I agree with them or not as long as they aren't an attempt to derail my thread in the first reply. I started the thread for anyone who's interested in radio. And that's not coming from Alan Jones or Kyle. It's coming from me :)

I'm interested in the topic and it's good to see some replies.

Cheers.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (ツ) said:

Hi rantan, just for the record I respect all points of view regardless of whether I agree with them or not as long as they aren't an attempt to derail my thread in the first reply. I started the thread for anyone who's interested in radio. And that's not coming from Alan Jones or Kyle. It's coming from me :)

I'm interested in the topic and it's good to see some replies.

Cheers.

Hi mate. I really appreciate your reply and I apologise if my post was seen as an attempt to derail your thread. It was a bit of a joke but on reflection,probably one in bad taste.

Welcome and I am sure we can move on and enjoy the forum:)

Cheers

• Like 3

19 hours ago, (ツ) said:

Radio surveys for the five capital cities are carried out 8 times a year.

Survey 5 was released today >  http://newmedia.com.au/2017-gfk-metro-survey-5-2017.html

i used to do midnight to dawn community radio on the north coast, PZ

i had a rating of two people, my sidekick, Nocturnal Kiwi, and my girlfriend who used to ring me up live on air and try to catch me out playing up by using different voices pretending to say i "sounded sexy" and other "stuff"

but i knew nobody else could have been still up and listening

Edited by mello yello
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mello yello said:

i used to do midnight to dawn community radio on the north coast, PZ

i had a rating of two people, my sidekick, Nocturnal Kiwi, and my girlfriend who used to ring me up live on air and try to catch me out playing up by using different voices pretending to say i "sounded sexy" and other "stuff"

but i knew nobody else could have been still up and listening

Back in the old PZ days I produced several shows that were sent to the CBAA and run out to various community stations via their satellite link. It was prerecorded and I used to fall asleep in the car (between shifts) listening to it.

Funniest moment was an arvo shift show - my mate was listening to it and asked what song I just played... and I couldn't remember.. until my own voice told us all. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1