scottrichardson

Enabling "anamorphic" on JVCX9500

Finally fired up my projector for the first time over the weekend. Looks amazing. It's the top end X9500 from JVC thanks to Richard at Ozts  

I wanted to test the anamorphic lens however the option for anamorphic was greyed out when trying to watch a movie on Netflix via my PS4 Pro. 

I finally got the option to work when I switched to a bluray from the PS4 Pro. 

Can someone tell me why anamorphic was greyed out while watching Netflix?

If I was to take a best guess, it was looking for a 23.97fps signal?

CAVX   

Interesting.  I thought the scaling in the JVCs just worked regardless of the input being 1080/24P or 2160/24P.  Not sure about 2160/60P.  I heard that locks up.  

:) al   
On 14/08/2017 at 0:51 PM, scottrichardson said:

I wanted to test the anamorphic lens however the option for anamorphic was greyed out when trying to watch a movie on Netflix via my PS4 Pro. 

it lists there as an option, for x7000/9000 anyways, not sure be any different with the x7500, x9500. perhaps media related ? 

http://eu.jvc.com/microsite/eu/dla-x9000/feature05.html

Anamorphic mode for wide cinematic films

A 2.35:1 aspect ratio for wide cinematic films can be enjoyed by combining the projector with a third-party anamorphic lens to create dynamic picture reproduction just as can be seen in a movie theatre.

CAVX   

@scottrichardson do you have another UHD player/source to test?  

I have had a play the X9500 and the Samsung gen 1 player and it seemed to work OK.  

The X7500 and the OPPO 203 combo worked fine.

Also OPPO is about to release a new "anamorphic" FW update where they will now include "Fixed Lens" mode to complement the current "moveable lens", so you will be able to HS as well as VS.  Still no word about 3D JAVA discs though.