Jvc x30 lamp light flashing

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CAVX said:

Is that a part of the actual lamp housing or in the projector itself?  

Unfortunatelly the ballast circuit board is buried  deep inside the projector and is a pain to get at requiring lots of disassemble. Its an expensive part from JVC but the same part can be obtained from US parts suppliers for a fraction of the price. Its the same part as used  in the X3/X7/X9

http://www.partsimple.com/qal1305-001-jvc-n-13.html

http://www.pacparts.com/part.cfm?sku=964TDO8072-778

http://www.fixya.com/support/t24917326-jvc_dla_x3_bu_will_not_power_2_lights

Edited by Owen

I'm shocked that you consider the price of the part from the US as anything other than dirt cheap, it is. Check how much JVC AU want for it, that WILL shock you.

The purchase of the lamp is not a waste at all, you will need it if you keep the projector and it will add value if you sell.

Given that a few hundred dollars in repair cost is unpalatable for you I dont see how you could possibly consider spending thousands more on a new projector.

Thats what i mean, if that part is already over 200 US, then its going to be even more down here and then including labour, I might be out 500$ or so. I only paid around 1500$ for the projector 4 or so years ago. Given i spent 300 on a new lamp as well, it all starts adding up to the point where i could go get another second hand projector. I did call JVC and they have told me the 3 service centres in sydney, They said Lismore, Castle Hill or Seven hills. Strange, Lismore is definitely not in sydney. Castle Hill and Seven hills are right next to each other. Anyway i called up the seven hills place and they seemed cheaper so i am going to take it to them and see how i go. 130$ to look at it and diagnose the issue.

1 hour ago, lonewolf1503560131 said:

Thats what i mean, if that part is already over 200 US, then its going to be even more down here and then including labour, I might be out 500$ or so. I only paid around 1500$ for the projector 4 or so years ago. Given i spent 300 on a new lamp as well, it all starts adding up to the point where i could go get another second hand projector. I did call JVC and they have told me the 3 service centres in sydney, They said Lismore, Castle Hill or Seven hills. Strange, Lismore is definitely not in sydney. Castle Hill and Seven hills are right next to each other. Anyway i called up the seven hills place and they seemed cheaper so i am going to take it to them and see how i go. 130$ to look at it and diagnose the issue.

I've mentioned over on SNA with you about my X500 where the ballast failed.  That was a warranty repair so no cost to me thankfully, but it took 6 months to finally get the unit back.  JVC were the issue, in part because of their authorised repairer here in Vic (you're in NSW so hopefully shouldn't be an issue), but also because of delays in getting the part from Japan.  If you go through JVC, check how long it will take.  If not a warranty repair, then there may be quicker options.  My fingers are crossed that it will be much quicker for you than it was for me...

Yeah That does sound scary especially since my new lamp only has a 6 month warranty so i was hoping to use it for a bit before the 6 months were up incase it ended up being faulty etc.

Sad part is JVC themselves are actually right next to my work place, shame i cant just take it there to be fixed.

The Pacparts price was $163 US when I posted the link, its gone up. Even so, compare that to want JVC AU want for it and it may be well worth ordering it from the US.

It should take about a week to get the part from the US and then as long your repairer takes to do the job, which may only be a day or so. The ballast board may be easily and very cheaply repaired, as per my link so parts cost could be minimal.

Even if you do plan on buying another projector it would be foolish not to repair your current one so it can be sold.

Edited by Owen

WOW!!! Tecworks (seven Hills) just got back to me with the quote to fix it. 730$ to repair the ballast problem.... I paid 132$ already for the to look at it, so i guess its another 600$ on top to fix it... Ouch, I think that might be the cost of the projector on the second hand market? Or close to at least. They said that involves a complete clean etc but wow these guys really make a lot of money on repairs. The parts are apparently 350$.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 6:50 PM, sero said:

Order the part online from that website someone posted up.. I'll open it up and try fix it for you if your in sydney :)

Sorry for the late response, I was away all of last week on training :(. Thanks so much for the offer man, thats really kind of you. I had already paid the cash to the repairers though, i felt i was almost pot committed after having paid the quotation fee. I am definitely in the wrong line of business.

I understand you are not happy about having to put your had in your pocket to fix your projector, and I'm sorry to be so blunt, but its seems you are a little out of touch with the reality of running a "business".

A guy who mows laws for a living charges around $100 per hour and doesnt have to pay rent on premises, pay staff including sick pay, long service leave and superannuation. Pay accountants to do GST returns, company tax returns, weekly staff payroll etc. Pay for insurance on premises and public liability. Cover the cost of warranty on your own work etc, etc, etc, and MAKE A PROFIT because its a "business" not a charity. PLUS, after all that hand over about one third of what profit you do make to the government.

Still reckon you are in the "wrong line of business"? I hope you never have to call a plumber.;)