No Dolby Atmos on UHD disks

Hi all

I have just purchased a UB900 and a couple of UHD disks both of which say they have Dolby Atmos (Oblivion and Jason Bourne). It would seem my Amp does not pick up the Dolby Atmos track but when I play in a normal Bluray with Atmos it does pick it up, anyone else experienced this? I did follow the instructions in the manual setting bitstream on etc.

Any help appreciated

Steve

Update - I tried The Great Wall UHD disc and that does come up with the Atmos soundtrack! On closer inspection of the other 2 discs, although they carry the Dolby Atmos logo they don't specifically state it in the audio soundtrack. Oblivian does state 'English Atmos Dolby True HD' which implies it had Dolby Atmos or is this another variant?

Kazz - thanks for your response, does the OPPO decode the Atmos soundtrack or is it the AMP that does the decoding?

13 minutes ago, sridall said:

Solved... am I a dill or what? I didn't realize that there were 2 disc's in the case, Bluray and UHD - I was playing the Bluray!!

LOL,LOL,LOL I thought that I was the Only idiot to do this. You have now made me feel good. LOL. Because of this Every first Disk I see once the box is opened I make it the UHD one.

• Volunteer
2 hours ago, sridall said:

Solved... am I a dill or what? I didn't realize that there were 2 disc's in the case, Bluray and UHD - I was playing the Bluray!!

Haha don't feel silly there are countless posts over on AVS asking why they can't get Atmos/DTS:X only to find they've put in the BD not the UHD.  So you are definitely not alone.  :)

Update - I tried The Great Wall UHD disc and that does come up with the Atmos soundtrack! On closer inspection of the other 2 discs, although they carry the Dolby Atmos logo they don't specifically state it in the audio soundtrack. Oblivian does state 'English Atmos Dolby True HD' which implies it had Dolby Atmos or is this another variant?
Kazz - thanks for your response, does the OPPO decode the Atmos soundtrack or is it the AMP that does the decoding?

Atmos can be carried over DD plus or Dolby TrueHD containers.

If the AVR can only decode TrueHD, it will ignore the Atmos information and you can still get the hires Lossless TrueHD track.

Yes - I realize that as Atmos is not listed in the audio streams. They really shouldn't be allowed to print the Dolby Atmos logo on the disc cover should they, it's very confusing.