All set for new projector

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on the projector optics design.  There was a trend for a time to have more lens shift available to inverted mounts than shelf mounts last decade, then a progression to either favoring shelf mounts of simply equal amounts of lens shift.  

As it turned out (and after all the effort  and dollars spend to invert), my BenQ W6000 has equal amounts of vertical lens shift, but before Mitsubishi went belly up, their higher end models seemed to work better from mounting placed like soffits and tall racks, so this kind of mount would have been ideal.  

I like what he had done here as it allows sides to be fitted should he need to build a hush box later on.  .    

5 hours ago, wheelz said:

What projector are you using Drummerboy?

I am going to use the JVC x5500 hopefully the mount will be fine as i don't want to box it in if i can help it.I thought the stainless steel chain and brackets would add a certain level of detail in the whole overall look.The jvc is only 15kg and the brackets are rated at 80kg so i know i am fine in that regard.The chain is 8mm thick so its not going anywhere.All brackets are screwed into fixed batten that has been fixed to joists above the ceiling.I hope i won't have any problems projecting the image as the screen is basically straight ahead.Its a 2.4 celing height but the lens is situated 270mm down from the ceiling.This is a learning curve for me at the moment as my last projector was fixed in place for the last 10 years or more and i have not had a projector since then.

12 hours ago, CAVX said:

It depends on the projector optics design.  There was a trend for a time to have more lens shift available to inverted mounts than shelf mounts last decade, then a progression to either favoring shelf mounts of simply equal amounts of lens shift.  

As it turned out (and after all the effort  and dollars spend to invert), my BenQ W6000 has equal amounts of vertical lens shift, but before Mitsubishi went belly up, their higher end models seemed to work better from mounting placed like soffits and tall racks, so this kind of mount would have been ideal.  

I like what he had done here as it allows sides to be fitted should he need to build a hush box later on.  .    

Thanks for the boost off confidence Mark but i don't know if it will work yet.Might need more chain.:lol:

On 25/06/2017 at 9:39 PM, drummerboy01 said:

Thanks for the boost off confidence Mark but i don't know if it will work yet.Might need more chain.:lol:

How far above the top of the screen is the mount?  

The top of the screen will be mounted 150mm down from ceiling including cornice line, so the projector lens is mounted roughly 250mm down from ceiling. The lens looking straight ahead should fall 100mm down from the top of the screen,

My X500 is also shelf mounted and the lens centre is about 50mm higher than the top of the screen. The optical layout on the X500 is essentially the same as the current series, so your setup will be good.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

My X500 is also shelf mounted and the lens centre is about 50mm higher than the top of the screen. The optical layout on the X500 is essentially the same as the current series, so your setup will be good.

Yes that's great news, thanks Rob

Been running some new speaker wire(Tara labs) today.Just waiting on my 2 ceiling speakers to turn up which should be next week some time.I am going to use these for the ceiling.The price is too good to refuse. http://www.harveynorman.com.au/yamaha-ns-ic800w-in-ceiling-speakers.html?CAWELAID=1697137295&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8PuR98rn1AIVSAUqCh3CWwo7EAQYASABEgL0wfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

On 7/1/2017 at 3:45 PM, drummerboy01 said:

Been running some new speaker wire(Tara labs) today.Just waiting on my 2 ceiling speakers to turn up which should be next week some time.I am going to use these for the ceiling.The price is too good to refuse. http://www.harveynorman.com.au/yamaha-ns-ic800w-in-ceiling-speakers.html?CAWELAID=1697137295&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8PuR98rn1AIVSAUqCh3CWwo7EAQYASABEgL0wfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

$349 at Eastwood hifi

http://www.eastwoodhifi.com.au/yamaha ns-ic800 in ceiling speakers.htm

Picked up my screen,8802,projector today from Oz theatre screens and was blown away with the quality off the projector.Back home now after a 7 hour drive and am typing this on my iPad laying in bed.Very happy.

17 minutes ago, k3nnis888 said:

Can't wait for the completed set up pics. Want to see how the X5500 performs :) Please do some tests on FTA digital TV and sports, would like to see how it goes with the JVC.

I will do my best K3nnis :) I just have to wait on a couple of things.