Blackman1503561291

Hecto 100 Inch, 110 inch 120, inch 130 inch.

As you all know Our Hecto was sacked from our main TV room so last night I decided to start the Hecto on a wall (original screen size is 100 inch) and I was very surprised how good it is on a wall as it will do 100 inch, 110 inch, 120 inch, and 130 inch (the whole Frigging wall too. and its still sharp.

Now the wall if off white to a slight grey and I found the White to be whiter but the Blacks to be grey a little. What I did after this I stuck the Original Hecto screen between the Hecto cabinet and the wall so I can compare the picture quality ( half in and out) and like I said the Whites are whiter but the Blacks are a little grey

Yes the further I made the Hecto go off the wall the Picture got larger and what I'm thinking is if I repainted the wall (whatever Color) what will happen.

CAVX   

Unless there is something in the design of the Hecto screen itself, projecting onto a light grey wall should have dimmed the whites but improved the backs.  For a time, high gain, grey screens were used for higher than normal ambient light environments.  

5 hours ago, CAVX said:

Unless there is something in the design of the Hecto screen itself, projecting onto a light grey wall should have dimmed the whites but improved the backs.  For a time, high gain, grey screens were used for higher than normal ambient light environments.  

I have the Service Manual and a few Dirty tricks are reveling in there including of the Deterioration of the Laser as NOWHERE ANYONE TALKS ABOUT THIS ISSUE. Yes they have a Graph showing if you use the Hecto on it Brightest setting after 10,000 you will lose over 50% of its brighness.

Also in there is the use of other screens and on a Wall with a special Paint or color paint but they do not say what it is. Again at around 125 Inch I was surprised how Sharp it was Wacthing Friday Ch 9 Footy.

Yep the white were 10 Better and the Blacks were about the same in the other direction. I was good to test it this way with the Original screen in from of it to do a proper compare.