4K hdmi cables

Hey guys,

Thinking about upgrading the projector and just want to get the hdmi cables right.. So my run is 12m from projector to marantz anyone on here able to pass 4k content properly at that distance. Did a bit of reading over at AVS and seems its a nightmare.. Might be why Oppo is having so many dramas this time round aswell.

the oppo had its own issues and didnt work where ALL other players on the market did.

cable wise we have had options for 12 months... anything over 6m and you wont find a premium certified cable... so hence from there will come down to what works in your scenario and combination of gear.

check the report attached, but keep in mind they are all overseas available items, not through local reseller and are also active cables which can fail.

if wanting a cheap local option(non active cable) there is the office works comsol at $59 for the 10m one I think there was a 15m can try.. they have a very good return policy so if doesnt work. just take it back. hdmi cables are simple they either work or dont and you'll have trouble locking on.  

there were more expensive options with mono price with their slim line active... however cant buy local so any issue will be shipping back to them. there is the korda prs locally that works over 10-15m however for 4k/60 which there is one disc you might struggle to lock. 

theres is ruirpro fibre but will have to buy direct from china. again goodness knows what happens if there is an issue. and these are not cheap either

no matter what you buy. try it without running though walls and such for about a month and a wide variety of media might funnel through it.

HDMI CABLES PERFORMANCE EVALUATION & TESTING REPORT #1 ~ 50FT 15M+ LENGTH CABLES-3.pdf

Thanks, pretty much sums up what i have read over at AVS for the last couple hours.. What a joke? They are talking about hdmi 2.1 and they dont even have this hdmi mess sorted for hdmi 2.0

So how did you get 4k working? what cables do you use? My projector run is 12m away not much i can do about it :(

3 minutes ago, sero said:

Thanks, pretty much sums up what i have read over at AVS for the last couple hours.. What a joke? They are talking about hdmi 2.1 and they dont even have this hdmi mess sorted for hdmi 2.0

So how did you get 4k working? what cables do you use? My projector run is 12m away not much i can do about it :(

I use the 10m office work comsol no issue. and been using it for months with countless 4k uhd discs gone through. though i have no personal experience with cables over 10m. Over 6m is a challenge...even for premium certified let alone over 10m !

buy something you can try and return if have any issues. that is the best suggestion..right now.  

• Like 1

One can always consult with and buy from your local HT dealer on the same basis Al is saying for Office works's cable. ie before you buy, get then to agree to take it back if it doesn't work. most respectable dealers would see that as common sense.

47 minutes ago, agelessgoodguy said:

One can always consult with and buy from your local HT dealer on the same basis Al is saying for Office works's cable. ie before you buy, get then to agree to take it back if it doesn't work. most respectable dealers would see that as common sense.

yep i got the same assurance from my local dealer when bought the kordz prs. infact kordz themselves guaranteed it. it was early days back then though. and no way i was going to buy something without possibly knowing for sure it would work ! they too suggested i dont run it in wall or anything ... for a while just in case :D

its one of the reasons I wouldn't suggest buying one of the direct imports either from us or china at this stage. its going to be pretty costly sending it back...and thats if they will evengive you your money back :D 

4 minutes ago, sero said:

Ahh the high speed part and not having 4K in the title threw me :P

note the 5 year !!! warranty :D 

and with office works its pretty much no questions asked if any issue :)

Whilst I don't yet have UHD, this is why I am so glad now that I built my room with both the gear and the projector at the back of the room.  I only need a 1m to reach.  

6 minutes ago, CAVX said:

Whilst I don't yet have UHD, this is why I am so glad now that I built my room with both the gear and the projector at the back of the room.  I only need a 1m to reach.  

With 1m or 2m even can pretty much use anything in my experience :)

but fir for most installs where have cable runs it's suggested to use large dia conduit 3-4" 75-100mm with draw string so can swap out cables ! When they fail or where needs swapping out with progressing standards.

Am hoping to keep using my comsol .. till hdmi 2.1 hits ! :D

• 1 month later...
Guest EZYHD

It may be of interest here that we are importing the true 4K Ruipro HDMI Fibre Optic cables into OZ with some arriving this week product link here and check out Amazon reviews.

Nu HDMI Fibre pic copy.jpg

Edited by EZYHD

• 2 weeks later...

• Volunteer
20 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

Can you explain how it works. now this will be interesting.

Not sure if this is what you're after Blackman but the Ruipro cables have no requirement for USB at either end of the cable (which was a bug bear of mine with the Celerity).

Being a 'Hybrid' cable, Fibre for Video with audio plus Copper for device communication, ARC etc, they are more 'transparent' in terms of handshaking between the devices in the system, so hopefully a smoother less troublesome experience (any source, display or AVR peculiarities aside), this is something that time will tell with all FO & Hybrid FO cables as well as the longevity of the cables.

Edit: Both connectors are active  hence the need to connect the cable ends as marked eg source/display.

Edited by Kazz

15 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

Can you explain how it works.

Data transmission with signal converted to optical fibre and back.

The video is sent using light pulses and better resistance to EMI or RFI interference also.

JSmith :ninja:

• Volunteer
12 minutes ago, JSmith said:

The video is sent using light pulses and better resistance to EMI or RFI interference also.

9 minutes ago, Blackman1503561291 said:

YES,YES that the answer I required.

Haha yep much better than my feeble attempt.  :P:blush:

4 hours ago, JSmith said:

I told today to a friend that these HDMI are available because my friend need them (his blu ray player is on the Back wall) as he has a overhead Projector in a BIG room and needs 25M. He said to me what the good of going to a proper 4K projector when cable are no good at 25M.

Times have changed.

Edited by Blackman