New Epson 6700 question

Can anyone tell me if its ok if my Epson tw6700 doesn't leave the fan on when I turn it off. Only bought it and used it for first time tonight, watched it for an hour then turned off via remote. And it just turned off. fan and all. I panicked and turned it on again where the fan kicked in high for a minute before it showed a picture. turned off again with button on projector itself and it just powered off straight away again. I'm used to my Panasonic staying on high fan for a good minute after I turn it off. Not game to turn it on again now.

please help.

my old Epson when I turn it off by remote,   the fan will keep running than it will stop by itself, make sure you don't turn off power or it will damage the PJ.. Once fan stops you can turn off power (power point).

not having an epson but my 2 pjs fan stays on.. the benq w1070 for a what seems a long time and the old big viewsonic 8100 for what seems a short time... cant see how the fan would not stay on unless the unit is very efficient at cooling while the unit is being used.

my old Epson when I turn it off by remote,   the fan will keep running than it will stop by itself, make sure you don't turn off power or it will damage the PJ.. Once fan stops you can turn off power (power point).

sweet.. cant wait to use mine. How big of a screen are you running and how far are you from the screen..

why I ask because im deciding between 110-120 inch screen from 4m away. will the projector perform well at that distance from your experience

it wont matter if you have entry.. mid (yours) or higher up level pj. at 4m the very minimum will be 120" and in reality/imo should be at least 130" (my 123" is 3m 1st row..4m 2nd row. the 2nd row is too far for immersion reasons )

Edited by hopefullguy

can i siggest you sit at 4m distance and project onto the wall for 2weeks... trying different sizing 120/125/130... then if there is a chance you will move your furniture around in the future do it now to see how it will effect your viewing of those sized screens.. the screen can wait. be sure as trying to re sell a screen is a pain and you will lose too many dollars.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sitting 4m from a 105 inch 16:9.. . 16:9 material looks awesome. scope looks I could use another 20 inches or so. Most of the time I'm happy but maybe wish for 120 especially on scope material. As far as the projector goes, sky is the limit, its very bright.

Edited by christopherjasmes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...