2017 JVC Projectors

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless into gaming I would suggest will be much better off and grabbing one of the x5000/7000/9000 models instead on run out ....while can still get one :) the new 2017 models are a VERY minor update....

51 minutes ago, Chopsus said:

Are these native 4K projectors or still faux e-shift?

i ask because there seems to be an adjective associated with each expression of 4K making me wonder if "4K precision" is actually native 4K or yet another "looks like' marketing term.

Still e-shift on this range. JVC is bringing out a 4K projector this year, but much more expensive.

Yes at 40 grand, the Z1, called the RS4500K in the US. Not a stocked item at that price, special order only.

• DLA-RS4500K

Overview

The DLA-RS4500K is the ultimate projector for discerning individuals who want uncompromised large screen performance in their home. It represents a giant leap forward in front projection, delivering exquisite native 4K high dynamic range (HDR) images at a brightness that fills even the largest home theater screens. It features three JVC-developed native 4K D-ILA devices combined with our exclusive BLU-Escent laser phosphor illumination that delivers 3,000 lumens with a 20,000 hour operational life. In addition, the new laser light source offers dynamic light control for an infinite contrast ratio (∞:1). To further ensure that the projector delivers bright, high-quality 4K images, it features a new 100mm high-resolution lens developed specifically for 4K applications, and a new Cinema Filter for a wide color gamut.
    Key Features
    • 2nd generation BLU-Escent™ (Laser Diode/Phosphor) Light Source with 20,000 hour life
    • 3,000 lumen illumination
    • 20,000 hour laser life (at full power)
    • ∞ : 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
    • Three 0.69 inch 4K DILA (4096 × 2160) Devices
    • All Glass 100mm Diameter Zoom Lens
      • 18 Element, 16 Group
    • Native 4K (4096 x 2160) Projected Image
    • Two 18 Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs
    • THX® 4K Display Certified (pending approval)
    • ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) Licensed
    • Improved Multi Pixel Control (MPC) w/Auto Mode
      MPC Works with 4K60P (up to 4:4:4) Signals
    • HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible w/HDR10 and Hybrid Log Gamma and SMPTE 2086
    • Motion Enhance (2D, 3D, 4K) w/Upgraded Clear Motion Drive
    • 100% coverage of DCI-P3 color space and 80% BT.2020
    • 1.4 to 2.8:1 Motorized Zoom Lens w/±100% Vertical Offset and ±43% Horizontal (16:9 aspect ratio)
    • New Installation Function Memorizes 10 Positions for Lens, Screen & Masking Settings
    • Control: Control4 SDDP / LAN / RS-232C / IR / 12V Screen Trigger Output / 3D Sync Output
    • 3 Year Warranty

Native 4K D-ILA Device

dila_badge.png

The DLA-RS4500K employs the world's smallest Native 4K D-ILA device (.69"diagonal) realizing 4096 x 2160 pixel images. It utilizes vertical orientation technology and a planarization technique that reduces light scattering and light diraction over previous devices. The result is extremely high native contrast ratios with smooth, detailed pictures without visible pixel structure even on large screens.

Laser Phosphor Light Engine
    bluescent_gold.png JVC's proprietary 2nd generation BLU-Escent™ laser phosphor light engine uses blue laser diodes, stationary inorganic phosphor and JVC's proprietary color management system. BLU-Escent™ enables a consistent 3,000 lumen light output. Increased brightness ensures compatibility with larger screen sizes over 200 inches, and improved HDR performance, bringing greater depth and dimensionality to home theater screens.
    laser_block.jpg
    Using the Laser Diodes as the light source, light output can be controlled instantly enabling a contrast ratio of ∞:1. The DLA-RS4500K controls the laser output accordingly to the scene's brightness, which creates a picture that is as close to human perception as possible.

Low/Medium/High Laser Diode output settings are available with a choice of three Dynamic Control modes (Off/Auto 1/Auto 2). Additionally a full manual lens aperture is available for fine brightness adjustment.

High Resolution Lens Dedicated for 4K
    An 18 element 16 group all glass lens and full aluminum lens barrel has been specically engineered for the DLA-RS4500K's 4K performance. Chromatic aberration and color fringing are minimized even when utilizing lens shift, resulting in precise projection of 4K content. In order to project 4K resolution to every corner of the screen, the new lens diameter is now 100mm, compared to 65mm used in previous JVC projectors. This lens allows a wide shift range of ±100% vertical, ±43% horizontal for a 16:9 image (±40% horizontal for a native 17:9 image).

HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible

hdr.png

HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray discs incorporate extended dynamic range, 10bit color and BT.2020 color gamut. This demands exceptional specications and exacting performance from display devices. The DLA-RS4500K, employs high native contrast ratio with BT.709 and Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) color gamut with BT.2020 color mapping, dynamic light source control and high brightness let you experience a full complement of HDR content. HDR content from various sources can be adjusted depending on screen size and screen type based on picture preferences.

Auto HDR Picture Preset. When the projector detects an HDR10 signal it will automatically select the correct picture mode preset. The preset is based on the HDR10 standard, which follows the PQ gamma curve, 1,000nit brightness, and BT.2020 color gamut.

Hybrid Log-Gamma is an additional HDR Gamma mode that is used for live broadcast or streaming events.

Wide Color Gamut Resulting in Vivid Color Images

rs4500_gamut.jpg

The new BLU-Escent™ light source and new Cinema Filter achieve over 100% DCI-P3 color space and over 80% coverage of BT.2020 color gamut. The gradation of sky or sea, the various colors of red in a crimson rose, and the countless colors of green of trees can be reproduced more vividly. The DLA-RS4500K reproduces stunning imagery and color when utilizing UHD content.

Luxurious Cabinet Design

rs4500_duo.jpg

The DLA-RS4500K features an all-new cosmetic design, with a symmetrical cabinet that combines aluminum and matte black paint for a luxurious appearance while also reducing reflections. The center-mounted lens is set off from the black body by a gold alumite ring. For cooling, the rear intake/front exhaust fan adapts to the installation environment to maximize its effectiveness, and it employs a professional level air filter that can withstand severe conditions.

Special care has been taken to add functional beauty by applying a texturized matt black finish minimizing visible finger prints during installation as well as in theater reflections.

Next Generation Multiple Pixel Control
    The new algorithm has been developed to scale all video to 4K, giving extraordinary detail to all content regardless of source resolution. Native 4K images (up to 4K/60P 4:4:4) may also be fine tuned for the highest projected quality

55 minutes ago, oztheatre said:

Nah that can't be right. the X35 was something like 38,000:1 there is no way they've gone backwards.

I know, right.

They claim infinity:1 dynamic ratio because the laser can be powered off to pure darkness. 

But that was measured in a German mag (Video) in their latest issue. 8k:1

1 hour ago, doggiehowser1503564764 said:

I know, right.

They claim infinity:1 dynamic ratio because the laser can be powered off to pure darkness. 

But that was measured in a German mag (Video) in their latest issue. 8k:1

Oh you're talking about the Z1? I have no idea, hope it's not right.

Hi Folks!.....whose is going to organize a group buy for the revised crop of X5500/X7500/X9500 series projectors!....these could be the last of the 1080p projectors, the final polished revision.

Appears the native 4K chip has some major contrast issues....no doubt will be solved over time. So perhaps the current crop may be the ticket till the 4K issues are resolved and prices drop to 'affordable' levels. :)

UHD material with E-Shift from my viewing distance the difference would be more than adequate.

I'm in, if the pricing is right!. Prior organized a Group Buy in 2009....but he doesn't seem active. He negotiated an excellent price back then via a local retailer!.

OZ perhaps?!

Edited by Highjinx

HJ, already underway with orders being placed as we get them as stock is limited right now. But more coming of course.

I've assumed I'll get the numbers (and have now in just 48hrs) required to snag the further bulk buy discount so offered that into the pricing straight up. This removes the frustrating holdups for those who want one now vs those who wish to wait a bit etc.

14 hours ago, oztheatre said:

HJ, already underway with orders being placed as we get them as stock is limited right now. But more coming of course.

I've assumed I'll get the numbers (and have now in just 48hrs) required to snag the further bulk buy discount so offered that into the pricing straight up. This removes the frustrating holdups for those who want one now vs those who wish to wait a bit etc.

Efficiency plus Mr.OZ!..........keen to jump in myself, however will wait for a review or two first. But really I think these will be excellent units.

Do you intend to have  start - finish dates for your group buys?..........running several perhaps?

Thanks much.....these group buys are a great chance to save more than a few $$$!

On 13/01/2017 at 6:17 AM, Highjinx said:

Efficiency plus Mr.OZ!..........keen to jump in myself, however will wait for a review or two first. But really I think these will be excellent units.

Do you intend to have  start - finish dates for your group buys?..........running several perhaps?

Thanks much.....these group buys are a great chance to save more than a few $$$!

HJ, they are usually staggered over several so to remove those who aren't ready vs those who want one now vs availability.

Understand re reviews and comments, letting the dust settle etc.

We love our x5000! A big thanks to everyone here for the recommendation because honestly, I'm finding it hard to fault! The colours, contrast and the BLACKS (oh man, the black levels!) are amazing on this thing.
    Admittedly - it is our first projector so someone here with more knowledge on this model would probably disagree and be able to point out it's flaws, respectably (don't rain on my parade ;))  

I did game on it and there was some noticeable lag which made me disconnect the PS4 and move it back into the family room, but I didn't buy it for gaming and I knew about this before I bought it. And there's some slight colour saturation on the edges in some scenes (which I'm assuming can be dialled out once it's calibrated)