My Panasonic DMR-HWT260GN won't work on my Panasonic Viera Tv

Hi there ,

cant get this to work on my Panasonic Viera tv, my tv is around 9 years old and thinking that's why it won't work yet it's a HDTV model:

TH-42PX8A

the HDD recorder works fine on my smaller LG tv but for some reason won't work on the 42" and on the display has these weird green and purple lines..

can someone one please help me ?

kind regards

George 

How are you connecting the recorder to the TV? HDMI cables or component (red green yellow cables)?

Its most likely your TV or recorder isn't set to the correct input output type. Can you find a composite video cable. Its the single yellow round one (often comes with a red and white one that are the audio cables). Almost all equipment automatically connect composite signals. This should enable you to see the menu and change the video settings to the correct ones (you don't want to stay with composite as its pretty poor video quality)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply , I have it connected via HDMI cable , I don't have a composite video cable on hand as I just moved to a new house .. I will give it a try once I get my hands on one- cheers.

i managed to get the picture working but only briefly and was a bad connection and not clear but hazy for a few seconds then goes blank , then repeats those steps .. I have tried to change the input setting on my tv but to no avail :(

Its just weird it works on my smaller LG tv yet on this it won't :/

Cheers

George 

1 hour ago, GeorgePolites said:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply , I have it connected via HDMI cable , I don't have a composite video cable on hand as I just moved to a new house .. I will give it a try once I get my hands on one- cheers.

May also be a dodgy HDMI cable. See if you can borrow a spare to test.

Regards

Peter Gillespie