Nbn Viewers To Get 9Hd And 9Life

Been running adds belatedly for a few days now have noticed ; channel 80 for nbn9hd and ch 84 for 9life if you want to manually scan less than the whole spectrum [with no auto] :phone:

Australias got talent in 5.1 audio :question:

Friday arvo and nothing has shown up yet, no test loops or anything.

Been running adds belatedly for a few days now have noticed ; channel 80 for nbn9hd and ch 84 for 9life if you want to manually scan less than the whole spectrum [with no auto] :phone:

Australias got talent in 5.1 audio :question:

Still nothing being found by scans.

Yes not even a static placeholder like the old days ; sometime after 3 oclock on the day :question: i seem to recall will see if the beyonwiz or trf2400 saves me doing it manually - probably not ..

Still nothing being found by scans.

Current bitrates before 9HD and 9Life start:

9GEM: 9.4-10.6Mbps

NBN: 4.6-5.4Mbps

9GO!: 3.2-3.7Mbps

eXtra: 1.6Mbps CBR

Taken over a 5 minute period.

New bitrates:

NBN - 5Mbps CBR

9HD - 6.1-6.6Mbps

9GEM - 2.1-2.25Mbps

9GO! - 2.1-2.3Mbps

9Life - 2.3-3Mbps

eXtra - 1.4-1.6Mbps

Taken over 5 minutes.

NRL is going to look so good at that bitrate.

Edited by digitalj

New bitrates:

NBN - 5Mbps CBR

9HD - 6.1-6.6Mbps

9GEM - 2.1-2.25Mbps

9GO! - 2.1-2.3Mbps

9Life - 2.3-3Mbps

eXtra - 1.4-1.6Mbps

Taken over 5 minutes.

NRL is going to look so good at that bitrate.

Bit rates will be tweaked over the coming days. Remember this is a Statistical Multiplex, an average bitrate can vary widely based on picture content.

Is it called 9HD or NBNHD or NBN9HD?

Channel name is "9HD Mid North Coast", watermark/logo is the same as metro 9HD with the 9 dots, number 9, the HD has been shrunk a little and NBN added beneath.

I was worried my panasonic DMR-XW350 would not store 9HD, but it has and while there's no video when watching live, I can direct record the channel and I get video on replay :)

If I don't want to record, I can pause Live TV and play it back with a delay of only a few seconds :)

Happy that my toppy 2400 converted what I assume is AAC codec sound into dolby digital for the pre pro when on auto and my old wiz p2 handled the aac as well :thumbsup:

Hope that vbr hd bandwidth stays the same ; good to see just cbr used for the lesser channels ..

I was worried my panasonic DMR-XW350 would not store 9HD, but it has and while there's no video when watching live, I can direct record the channel and I get video on replay :)

If I don't want to record, I can pause Live TV and play it back with a delay of only a few seconds :)

Happy that my toppy 2400 converted what I assume is AAC codec sound into dolby digital for the pre pro when on auto and my old wiz p2 handled the aac as well :thumbsup:

Hope that vbr hd bandwidth stays the same ; good to see just cbr used for the lesser channels ..

No conversion is taking place, 9HD NBN is using Dolby 5.1 @448Kbps, no aac audio.

Thats a lot better than another mpeg4 channel; 7flix is using digitalj ;thanks :) Now nbn has lost the redundant mpeg2 audio they can start sending the dolby digital plus [ chances not particularly high ..]

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php/topic/206162-new-7-channel-on-76/page-8#entry2058637

No conversion is taking place, 9HD NBN is using Dolby 5.1 @448Kbps, no aac audio.

Hey has anyone who gets both NBN & Nine compared NBN HD to Nine HD?

WIN HD looks fantastic most of the time, except for WIN News and commercials shot in SD.

As reported by RedDusk on whirlpool:

"..I get both WIN and Nine here in Sydney and watching both side-by-side on a 4K monitor, WIN HD is clearly better than Nine HD in terms of detail retention. Have a look at this same-frame comparison I uploaded between WIN and Nine HD (hover on the image to see the Nine HD version):

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/163952

The easiest place to see the difference is the detail in the black area in the top-left corner of the tray and also the fine details just below the watermark. WIN is clearly much superior.

For the five minutes in which this screenshot was taken, the bitrate at the same time for WIN and Nine was:
WIN HD: 5.19 Mbps
Nine HD: 4.09 Mbps"

TheStorm said:

"The larger majority of WIN channels are now mpeg 4 (9hd, 9life, Extra, GOLD) whereas channel 9 only has 9hd and 9life in mpeg 4.

Basically WIN is using its spectrum more efficiently (running a full extra channel compared to 9 ~ shopping channel admittedly) Anyway when the metro stations drop the mpeg 2 for most channels, then they will have better quality too. :)"

Is NBN using mpeg4 for NBN HD, Life, Extra, GOLD. Or just for NBN HD & Life like Channel 9?

Thanks!

OK thanks for letting me know. That's a pity for NBN viewers I guess (in respect of NBN not having as much bandwidth for their HD Channel as WIN for HD).

I guess NBN (and Nine), could move those others to mpeg4 when they think that there are more people with mpeg4 capable TV's etc.

Cheers!

Dont know if steveb and NBN have adjusted downwards the hd bitrate much but digitalj reported a higher bitrate than win the other day [9HD - 6.1-6.6Mbps] so i wouldnt be too sorry for us :phone: the NBN encoders are very good too ; big bang theory was very nice last night :ike:

OK thanks for letting me know. That's a pity for NBN viewers I guess (in respect of NBN not having as much bandwidth for their HD Channel as WIN for HD).

I guess NBN (and Nine), could move those others to mpeg4 when they think that there are more people with mpeg4 capable TV's etc.

Cheers!