Hdmi 2.0, 10M Cable For New Media Room

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure,

BJ it's an IC company... if budget won't allow for Series-1, next bet would be the chinese Tartan Cable 24 AWG. Tartan it's a subsidiary company of Belden.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm

Check the specs here... no other brand beats that.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/series1spec.pdf

Cheers

nadyn

Edited by nadyn

Thanks Mate. Will choose from the two sellers I specified earlier. Surprised no one has dealt with Space HiFi, they have 100% feedback for over 10k sales.

Sure,

BJ it's an IC company... if budget won't allow for Series-1, next bet would be the chinese Tartan Cable 24 AWG. Tartan it's a subsidiary company of Belden.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/hdmi-cable.htm

Check the specs here... no other brand beats that.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/hdmi-cables/series1spec.pdf

Cheers

nadyn

Thanks. But will skip as its from US and I want to buy locally.

have you actually checked the pricing before jumping into conclusion ?

Yeah... :lol:

I know they're not the priciest... but just trying to show the OP that there is a lot of marketing fluff in the HDMI world, left over from old analogue cables... when cables did actually make a difference. ;)

Best of luck Gaggy. :)

JSmith :ninja:

Yeah... :lol:

I know they're not the priciest... but just trying to show the OP that there is a lot of marketing fluff in the HDMI world, left over from old analogue cables... when cables did actually make a difference. ;)

agreed with "is a lot of marketing fluff in the HDMI world".

But BJ cables are the real deal and for the long distance are number 1.

Belden makes the cables for them, and that company started in 1900 :) with proper engineering, when others didn't know wire existed :)

Cheers

Thanks Everyone. I have bought the cable from Space Hi Fi eBay store and it has been despatched as well. Chose them based on their specs and feedback and being local to my place.

My Electrician told me that they are starting work on my site next week, so I had to give them the cable asap else they would use their own.

Wow, just like the old days to get 33 posts out of an HDMI cable question!

Still, plenty of chance to recommend great suppliers from good member experience.

This thread has nearly got more posts than my build thread, which is a bit depressing!

Re Space Hifi: I have made 3 purchases of various speaker cables, banana plugs and a 10m HDMI cable recently. I haven't plugged anything in yet (waiting on new house handover) but everything was well priced, arrived quickly, was well packed and feels like it has solid build quality.

Re Space Hifi: I have made 3 purchases of various speaker cables, banana plugs and a 10m HDMI cable recently. I haven't plugged anything in yet (waiting on new house handover) but everything was well priced, arrived quickly, was well packed and feels like it has solid build quality.

Thanks cpy. I have also bought from their eBay store and it was despatched the same day even after I purchased after 3pm. I posted it directly to my electrician as they are starting the wiring to my house next week.

If you want to install a cable that will work for every future product, including ones that haven't been invented yet, install a 40mm conduit from equipment location to projector location, with nice open sweeping bends. Then you call simply pull in whayever cable is required into the future.

Also, its not the first time I've installed a HDMI lead and had an end fall off, or pull out, or just not work.

Conduit will cost you about $30-40 and take about 1/2 hour to install.

If you want to install a cable that will work for every future product, including ones that haven't been invented yet, install a 40mm conduit from equipment location to projector location, with nice open sweeping bends. Then you call simply pull in whayever cable is required into the future.

Also, its not the first time I've installed a HDMI lead and had an end fall off, or pull out, or just not work.

Conduit will cost you about $30-40 and take about 1/2 hour to install.

Thanks. I asked our electrician and they charge a fortune for conduit. Can we add it after the house is built?

Thanks. I asked our electrician and they charge a fortune for conduit. Can we add it after the house is built?

Go to Bunnings or the like and at least buy enough to go down the wall near your equipment. I'm sure they can drill out a hole for you and place it in there. As long as it is enough for you to connect to later you can choose whether to go full conduit back to projector locale or just run the hdmi/cable or whatever later. A pain the butt to get to post build once plaster is up.

• 4 weeks later...

This is exactly the reason I left the residential AV industry. Builders and contractors who charge $1000 to run $40 worth of conduit up a wall, which takes less than an hour start to finish, and refuse to allow anyone onsite to do the work.

True, it is a pain.

• 3 weeks later...

My house is almost built and handover is mid next month. So unfortunately cannot do anything. Thought of 5.1 setup only and for 2 surround speaker cables in the wall. Did not think of Atmos which require ceiling speakers, which will be a problem in the future as wires from ceiling to the floor might have to go in front of the wall. Anyway, bought cable from SpaceHiFi . Shop is local and posted directly to my electrician.

Got some stuff from TCC as well. They are very nice people.