Sound Bar Or Speakers To Improve Crappy Built Ins

Hey guys I've got a Panasonic 58" with speakers that are vibrating in the housing which have been terrible since day dot.

The room is a larger Livingroom which connects to an open plan kitchen and dining.

I don't have my heart set on anything yet but I'm in the market for a better sound.

Looking for an affordable upgrade that won't break the bank.

I don't have a budget yet as I don't know how much I need to spend but open to suggestions! :)

Hi

if you tv makes crapy sound then for neat and tidy solution you go for a Soundbar as they are gud option for improvement of TV sound. if you want to spend only small amount of money you go for

Sony 2.1CH SoundBar HTCT60BT

PHILIPS Sound Bar Speaker with Subwoofer HTL2150

or you can go for sound plate if the tv is on the cabnit

Panasonic Sound Plate SC-HTE80GN-S

Hope this will Work For You

you can buy from dick smith these are on sell from them.

thank

Paul

http://www.speedytvantennas.com.au

Edited by speedytvantennas

Well worth adding a sound bar as a quick and effective upgrade to your system.

Usually you get a sub woofer added into the mix.

I recently just bought a YSP 2500 (and reluctantly returned it as I already have a sound bar and couldn't justify the spend.) But from a TV only setup...

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $1000 for a soundbar, but I probably wouldn't pay less than $400 (you're probably only getting TV speakers put in a soundbar box)

You can see some good models and prices here any way.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I recently went through the soundbar auditioning process, already have a HT room but needed something for our lounge room where the kids watch cartoons and the wife watches home and away and dancing with the stars etc, due to the kids currently going through the i climb on everything phase, I wanted something without a subwoofer, Long story short as mentioned above the $400 mark is the breaking point between a massive improvement over TV sound to the point of imitating 5.1 audio, or under $400 a big improvement over TV sound but wouldn't really watch Movies with it or put it in the same category of replacing 5.1 Audio speakers, that being said for me already have a full 7.1 HT room, i just needed something small, listened to almost every one on the Dicksmith sound bar list: http://www.dicksmith.com.au/audio-mp3/soundbars

For me in the under $400 mark with No Sub, the Yamaha YAS-93 came out on top hands down, the other ones all had very screechy, tinny tone at higher volumes that was very much tiresome on the ears, the Yamaha had a very warm, deep sound, its retailed for $249, its currently on sale for $199 but last week they had a one day online sale when it dropped to $149 and i grabbed it. I couldn't be happier with it. It has a small built in sub behind it, obviously not as good as one with a separate sub but for what it is, its brilliant

Edited by xrcist007

If you want a great quality soundbar at a good price, go for anything Yamaha. I previously had a YAS-101 that cost me only $200 & it pumped out excellent sound. I recently bought a Philips HTL9100 which was $800 & returned it after a week due to the awful music playback & audio dropouts.

I have now ordered a set of Q Acoustics BT3 speakers, which are an all in one HiFi package & soundbar alternative, which I'm hoping will be exactly what I need. They're about $450 on Ebay if you're interested in checking those out.

I recently went through the soundbar auditioning process, already have a HT room but needed something for our lounge room where the kids watch cartoons and the wife watches home and away and dancing with the stars etc, due to the kids currently going through the i climb on everything phase, I wanted something without a subwoofer, Long story short as mentioned above the $400 mark is the breaking point between a massive improvement over TV sound to the point of imitating 5.1 audio, or under $400 a big improvement over TV sound but wouldn't really watch Movies with it or put it in the same category of replacing 5.1 Audio speakers, that being said for me already have a full 7.1 HT room, i just needed something small, listened to almost every one on the Dicksmith sound bar list: http://www.dicksmith.com.au/audio-mp3/soundbars

For me in the under $400 mark with No Sub, the Yamaha YAS-93 came out on top hands down, the other ones all had very screechy, tinny tone at higher volumes that was very much tiresome on the ears, the Yamaha had a very warm, deep sound, its retailed for $249, its currently on sale for $199 but last week they had a one day online sale when it dropped to $149 and i grabbed it. I couldn't be happier with it. It has a small built in sub behind it, obviously not as good as one with a separate sub but for what it is, its brilliant

That's a massive win, $149, you seriously couldn't go wrong. Enjoy ?

Fantastic advise guys, thank you.

I'm in the same boat as Xrcist007.

I have a HT room as well so I just need a little something and this is exactly what I'm looking for.

Dick Smith had a sale on tonight and I purchased the YAS-93 for $184.20.

Everyone says good things about these Yamaha soundbars. Looking forward to picking it up on Thursday night after work :)

Thanks again!