65inch panasonic

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 58" panel. Very happy with the V10.

I am not sure how the 65" compares - it is bigger but I recall reading that it doesn't necessarily mean a better picture. However, if you have a 'big' room, I am sure you will enjoy it.

I um'd and arr'd about 58" vs 65". I am happy with my choice, but that is partly room aesthetics as well as us sitting about 3 metres or so from the screen.

Benje

Bugga, I thought that 46" was large. Mine's a Panasonic Viera.

Funny, after a while, you convince yourself that the screen isn't that big. And then, you have Christmas lunch with your in-laws, who have your 'old' HD CRT 76 cm (32") TV. A terrific picture, but my it is 'small' We have that size in our bedroom these days, which is fine.

I just did the sums - the 46" is double the surface area of a 32", the 58" is 3.3 times the 32" and the 65" is 4.1 times a 32". So, a 65" is 1.25 times the area of a 58".

Who said size doesn't matter.

Funny, after a while, you convince yourself that the screen isn't that big. And then, you have Christmas lunch with your in-laws, who have your 'old' HD CRT 76 cm (32") TV. A terrific picture, but my it is 'small' We have that size in our bedroom these days, which is fine.

I just did the sums - the 46" is double the surface area of a 32", the 58" is 3.3 times the 32" and the 65" is 4.1 times a 32". So, a 65" is 1.25 times the area of a 58".

Who said size doesn't matter.

Agreed

I had the Sony 32" KVHR - beautiful picture before it died but just needed to be bigger and 36" was the biggest it came in

I now use the 108" pj in that room exclusively (about 2.7x bigger than a 65")

Just bought a 50" G10 pana from JBs for <2K to replace the other 80cm CRT in the loungeroom, so that will seem big for a while

just was wondering if anyone here has the new 65inch panel. its come down in price and you can get it under 6000 grand these days. i think its made in japan also,

Yes...I bought the TH-P65V10A a couple of months ago....was considering a JVC projector until I came across this.

Excellent pq in THX mode .

Yes...I bought the TH-P65V10A a couple of months ago....was considering a JVC projector until I came across this.

Excellent pq in THX mode .

how far away are you sitting back from the plasma mark?

i remember seeing one in busselton at the retravision store afew months back at the price was still over 10 grand.

can you confirm that it is made in japan and not china?

i remember seeing one in busselton at the retravision store afew months back at the price was still over 10 grand.

I trust a mate who also bought a V10 58". He has seen the 65" and identified it is Japan made, as is the 58".

He sighted the unit at HN on Port Rd Adelaide a month or so ago. He has elected to stay with his 58".

Benje

I trust a mate who also bought a V10 58". He has seen the 65" and identified it is Japan made, as is the 58".

He sighted the unit at HN on Port Rd Adelaide a month or so ago. He has elected to stay with his 58".

Benje

the 58inch is still a big monster. i still think plasma is the way to go if you want a big screen.

I sit about 3.3 metres from the screen.....

It is most definitely made in Japan not China, a major selling point for me.

RRP on the TH-P65V10A neo plasma is $6999 .....the one you saw for over 10 grand must have been the overpriced previous model .

The latest model reflects the strength of the Aussie dollar and offers better picture quality , less power consumption and a slimmer panel.

I am divided between Projector and 65inch Plasma.I think with my room only 3 metre wide and 9 metre long I will look at the 65inch plasma.Ill be keeping the Sony KVHR36M31 Widescreen for TV at one end and the Panasonic TH-P65V10A for movies at the other.Have seen the P65V10A with 5 years Warranty with Bonus Free Wii Offer $5700 plus $100 delivery on net Digital Centre .Myer Adelaide would do $5359

Bonus Wii and 1 year Warranty.Not available till Feburary. Eamonn

Edited by Stump
size

Have seen the P65V10A with 5 years Warranty with Bonus Free Wii Offer $5700 plus $100 delivery on net Digital Centre .Myer Adelaide would do $5359

Eamonn

check Harvey Norman at Woodville, and the DTV thread on 65" pana's.

However, if you can get a similar price from Myer, then use Myer. Their customer service and pricing has been a revelation to me on about three occasions over recent years. And, get it delivered (I see you have included delivery above). It is a huge piece. If you do buy it, you will need two people to unpack. Very easy to unpack, but get two people. A third person can be handy to give advice where the TV stand holes are.

The packaging and TV hand-holds on the Pana's are well designed, if you follow the lables and instructions on the box.

Benje

Edit

Eamonn, as expected, you have done your research. It appears that you have struck a good price with the good retailer. You will enjoy a simple life if you proceed - large flat screens seem easier to me than projectors, but then again, I have such limited experience with projectors my comment is really worth little. Good luck with your purchases.

Edited by Benje

Hey Benje

Checked out Harvey Norman at Woodville today and will have NO 65 Panasonic until April and even there 58 Panasonic display model was sold. So much for WFC! Should I go the 65 Pana I would pay the extra for a Professional Installation with wall mount..Eamonn

its pretty hard to see the 65inch around anywhere at the moment and you have to pre-order if you want one. i think the way the aussie dollar is going it wont be long and they will be 4 grand only to buy.

good for the consumer

Just sold my Epson TW3000 PJ and Pioneer 50" 507 XDA TV as I ordered the 65" Panny back in 1st week Dec 09, told by Myer should be here next week (believe this when I see it), wall mounting it should be interesting.

My understanding is, Panasonic had no idea how quick this 65" model sold out, apparently this shipment about to arrive is sold too, and next one well on the way for a March shipment.

UPDATE:

Was advised yesterday by Myer my new 65" Panny will be delivered to my Pad on or before 27th Jan, bring it on.

i wish i was getting one. let us know how it goes with your new purchase. are you going to get it proffesionally calibrated?

• 2 weeks later...
I am divided between Projector and 65inch Plasma.I think with my room only 3 metre wide and 9 metre long I will look at the 65inch plasma.Ill be keeping the Sony KVHR36M31 Widescreen for TV at one end and the Panasonic TH-P65V10A for movies at the other.Have seen the P65V10A with 5 years Warranty with Bonus Free Wii Offer $5700 plus $100 delivery on net Digital Centre .Myer Adelaide would do $5359

Have you made a commitment on this yet?

If not I would go for a projector preferably one with SXRD Tech such as the JVC's anf Sony's.

I have the Sony HW10 PJ and 58v10 and can tell you the pq on the pj looks mind blowing with BR and produces razor sharp hd TV images.

Edited by con219

Thanks Con

As the Panasonic 65V is hard to get for a couple of months, although I was going that way I am still open!. I am painting the lounge this week with RED feature wall with Deep Blue sides and Grey ceiling.I have a chance to get a Sharp XVZ 1500 for $3500. It will come down to having a big enough screen 65inch for all round use compare to 100 inch for dark room films and sports. The SXRD panels is yet another interesting concept. Is your setup a dedicated HT room and what other TV you use for general use? Thanks Eamonn

Srump, why not go a 50" pannel for everyday tv and get the pj with 100" screen for movie nights.

If you are painting the room those colours it should work great.

I use a 50" pioneer plasma for everyday viewing in the lounge room, and have the 110" pj and screen in the dedicated room.

It is used purely for blu ray movies, but just recently i added a STB in there for the big event shows, like afl grand final, olympic games opening ceremonies etc etc.

Still have the original lamp with only 500 odd hours on it after 3 years. So if used purely for movies, the ongoing outlay of globes shouldn't be too much, and trust me....

you will really appreciate the BIG screen experience at home