Gryphon Callisto 2100

Just wanna share with the audio community of my newly aquired item. The Gryphon Callisto 2100 integrated amp. This is going to be one of the longest day at work. Can't wait to go home to hear it.

Anyhow first impression, it's bloody heavy..... I knew that it was heavy from reading the brouche but i carry it from the office, down to the elavator, into my car, I'm breathless at the moment.

The built is mightly impressive, everything feels so solid, the buttons are precise. Even the remote feels high end and heavier to the consonance r2.2 and the plinius 9200.

I'm off to pray for the day to end now....

G'day,

Just wanna share with the audio community of my newly aquired item. The Gryphon Callisto 2100 integrated amp.[/b]

Dunno about yer specific amp, but I recall a newspaper article a while back where ex-PM Paul Keating waxed lyrical about his Gryphon amplifiers and how they handle the dynamics of his Mahler collection. Would be interesting to have a listen to 'em one day ...

--Geoff

The amp RRP $10.000 AUD at audioconnection. Bought it for 4000, used of course. 4 hrs to kill before home time.....

Bit hard to sneak the box into the house

I've heard the ealier version this amp " Tabu" at audioconnection with dynaudio audience line. They had great system synergy, bloody denmark ppl know their hifi gear.

I just hope that this purchase will not trigger other upgrade like speakers & cdp, cables.

The amp RRP $10.000 AUD at audioconnection. Bought it for 4000, used of course. 4 hrs to kill before home time.....

Bit hard to sneak the box into the house

I've heard the ealier version this amp " Tabu" at audioconnection with dynaudio audience line. They had great system synergy, bloody denmark ppl know their hifi gear.

I just hope that this purchase will not trigger other upgrade like speakers & cdp, cables.

[/b]

Hehe I can see a speaker upgrade soon for an amp of that capability :) Very nice. I almost pulled the pin on a used gryphon preamp a couple of months ag0 - gorgeous designs

Hehe I can see a speaker upgrade soon for an amp of that capability :) Very nice. I almost pulled the pin on a used gryphon preamp a couple of months ag0 - gorgeous designs

[/b]

are you talking about the gryphon xt pre that was on the ebay last month. I was looking at that too, however I was sort of sick of having two amps ( pre + power), so I held back. I'm glad i did too.

Next purchase Dyn S25 or C1..... either one, I'm going to be on plain bread & instant noodle diet for a very long time. hehehheheh

are you talking about the gryphon xt pre that was on the ebay last month. I was looking at that too, however I was sort of sick of having two amps ( pre + power), so I held back. I'm glad i did too.

Next purchase Dyn S25 or C1..... either one, I'm going to be on plain bread & instant noodle diet for a very long time. hehehheheh

[/b]

VERY nice, Congrats on the purchase :)

Post some pictures...

Morning everyone,

Well, after my first night with the new toy, I am convinced that it was worth the money, every cent..... not sure if I have to pay full RRP though....... ehehehh. Oh yeah, I don't have internet connection at home anymore, thus I'm not online after 5pm. More time for music..... and father duties.....

I did not have an A/B comparison (couldn't be bothered) with the gryphon & bryston/MF combo. I don't have much time after diner and putting a 1 yr old and 3 wks old baby to bed.

Anyway, my first taste of High End audio.....

For me the best way to describe the gryphon somewhat similar to 007 and the bryston/ Mf combo being XXX.

Them both do the job well. The gryphon is gentle, smooth, relax, charismatic, and willingly to flex muscles when call for. On the other hand, Bryston/MF is rough, edgy, plenty of muscles and raw.

The high on the gryphon is free of edginess, yet the details are there. It’s open and smooth.

Vocal is blooming and full. Grain free. Male or female they were all good.

Bass is weighty, punchy and articulate.

Overall I was able to listen to music at a higher volume for longer period without the fatigue. The soundstage is control, focus and the depth/height has also improved.

The Bryston/Mf combo ain't bad for what they worth. I was in a happy 2 years relationship with them, however its time to move on.

I can see myself keeping the gryphon for a very long time......

edit. will take few photos on the weekend when time allows