Best Live recording

wim

This is so subjective but I'm going to ask - What do you consider your best live recording?

For me it has been the following (to date):

1/2 The Ramones - It's Alive

2/2 Ry Cooder and VM Bhatt - Meeting by the River.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 9:00 PM, wim said:

This is so subjective but I'm going to ask - What do you consider your best live recording?

my best live recording?

thats a tough one, but i would have to say the night i was getting ready to go and see Pink Floyd and sung Comfortably Numb into a cake of soap in the shower ... its was the best place i could get the "hello, hello, is there anybody in there" echoing thing going

February 1988, Sydney, Elizabeth Bay to be precise, a small shower in an apartment in Elizabeth Bay 

unforgettable night

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly only the “best”was requested, but I’m a bit fickle as I have more than a few - It’s too late to stop now - Van Morrison (with the great Caledonia Soul Orchestra) and Miles of Aisles - Joni Mitchell, both from about 1973. Four way street - CSN&Y. Rock of ages - The Band. Alison Krauss and Union Station Live, from about 2002. Sara K & Chris Jones - Are we there yet? Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live. Ben Webster - At the Renaissance. Fairport Convention Live............and anything Sandy Denny ever recorded live.

It’s slightly off topic as it’s not on LP/CD - You Tube Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow do “Little Wing” - EC playing at his supreme, soulful best.

Edited by Smp
  • Like 2