SOLD: Parasound A-21 Power Amp

SOLD

Item: Parasound A-21 Amplifier
Price: $2150
Item Condition: Very Good
Reason for selling: Not being used
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, EFT
Extra Info: Donation to SNA on sale

I have one of the popular Parasound A21 amps that I am not using, so someone else should make use of it. I purchased this from an SNA member in February 2016 but have hardly used it as I have two many other power amps. It works as it should and sounds quite nice. 

I do not have a box or manuals as this is how it was when I picked it up. The actual amp is currently on loan to a SNA member in Melbourne so the images here are from when I purchased it. I am picking it up tomorrow so if someone in Melbourne is quick I can drop it off tomorrow, otherwise I will bring it home back to N.E. Victoria and have to make other delivery arrangements.  At this stage I am not interested in shipping but can drop off in Melbourne either tomorrow or sometime next week. I would also be willing to take it to Adelaide (as I am going there anyway) next week.

http://www.parasound.com/a21.php

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/parasound-halo-a-21-stereo-amplifier/

Pictures:

Parasound.jpg

Parasound2.jpg

Parasound3.jpg

Parasound4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlurkA said:

Oh @srms where was this 2 months ago.  Love my A21.  GLWTS. 

Buy another and mono-bridge them....You will find the sound quality will double to triple!! Much much better bass and details!!

This is the CHEAPEST A21 I have seen!

Edited by DMax

When running these in bridge mode I think the speakers need to be 8 ohm. There was some reference to this in the add when I purchased the amp. 

That was I thought first too. But after sending Parasound that question, Richard Shram has told me that unless you have really really big and hard to drive speakers then driving anything 6 or 4 ohmns is fine.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

[mention=143254]DMax[/mention] very tempting. Just not sure where I'd fit another a21. And this one is a complete bargain. 

You can always find room. This is the biggest bargain I've seen. If I have not got 2 already I would've have snatched it up straight away. :)

22 minutes ago, DMax said:

That was I thought first too. But after sending Parasound that question, Richard Shram has told me that unless you have really really big and hard to drive speakers then driving anything 6 or 4 ohmns is fine.

Interesting Richard states that as the manual lists the 8 ohm requirement. I wonder what constitutes large and hard to drive. 

Edited by AlurkA

Interesting Richard states that as the manual lists the 8 ohm requirement. I wonder what constitutes large and hard to drive. 

Lol.. Good question, but must be pretty BIG speakers because according to him, the mono bridged setup should drive my Magneplanar Tympani IVa without a sweat!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darren69 said:

@TerryO:D

Awesome amp! Get some serious grunt under those Vienna's.

Funny you say that. Don't be to surprised if at some time in the not to distant future after our move to QLD if I start to collect well priced A21's when they pop up, I reckon two is a good number ... ;)

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 1