Vinyl Boxsets everyone needs to have

Hoping that the complete Reprise Sinatra albums will be released as a box set.

Simon Rattle Berlin Phil Beethoven Symphonies is remarkable. Two point microphone set up yields amazing results. Sounds wonderful and they're terrific interpretations.

Sting studio albums! Terrific to have these, many in vinyl for the first time.

An if the old DG box sets if Dietrich Fischer Dieskau singing Lieder. They've aged very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest Misterioso

There is no vinyl set everyone needs to have because we all have different music taste. In case you like jazz, check out the Mosaic box sets. These are very well done.

In line with @Monitor comments ,if you are looking for suggestions so you can  add to your own collection, you probably need to give  us a bit more of an idea about your musical preferences.

As a general rule I steer clear of box sets , preferring to get the original LP's  and not pay for things I already have, just to get the few extra hard to find tracks.

But I do have 

Sandy Denny ‎– Who Knows Where The Time Goes?

Label:
Island Records ‎– SDSP 100
Format:
4 × Vinyl, LP 
Box Set, Album 
UK
Released:
Genre:
Rock, Folk, World, & Country
sandy.jpg.7b71e6a47616b018d3a590df9990398a.jpg

And 

Neil Young And Bluenote Café* ‎– Bluenote Café

Label:
Reprise Records ‎– 550219-1, Reprise Records ‎– 9362-49261-1
Series:
Format:
Box Set, Limited Edition, Numbered 
4 × Vinyl, LP, Album 
Released:
Genre:

Neil.jpg.bcca35a802d487dfb228b63ded75493a.jpg

The Neil Yong box is excellent music and sound quality and  the  tracks are only available in this form, as apposed to other Box sets that are a number of the Bands all ready available LP's put together or compilations of tracks from multiple LP"s and Bands ,as the Sandy Denny one is .

Edited by EV Cali
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Monitor said:

There is no vinyl set everyone needs to have because we all have different music taste.

Agree with this assertion. Maybe this thread should be more about boxed sets we already have or one's that we want. I have two boxed sets, both from Devo....so obviously not to everyone's taste!:P Recombo DNA still on it's way from o/seas. Lovely packages......Devo_RDNA_Store_Visual_Emergency_Codes_Square_Sleeves.png.1f958a4836504e3a19dc9aa15996d5a5.pngDevo_EZ_LP_Visual_store_2.jpg.0d8baf0683171ca3b228c525ddf31ad6.jpg

Some of the best box sets I have in my collection, both in terms of sound quality and music :

• The Beatles Mono Box Set
  • The Stones Mono Box Set
  • Coltrane Mono Box Set
  • The Doors Infinite Box Set
  • Nico Case - Truckdriver Gladiator Mule
  • Mark Lanegan - One Way Street
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Callum Smith said:

I'd love to get a Led Zepplin box set along with Dire Straits.

However though, since my Dad has all originals i might just hang out till he finally agrees to give them up!

Does a Dire Straits one exist ?

I have a few vinyl box-sets, ranging from Edith Piaf (Readers Digest) and Elvis Presley Greatest Hits, they tend not to get played too often. Through to Daft Punk Live and Nitin Sawney Live in the Studio - One Zero. My favourite sets are both various artist multi disc, 'Soulfood' from Cookin' Records, and Xen Cuts, a 6 LP compilation from Ninja Tune's earlier period.

Soulfood's a bit different as it is one track per side 5 X 10" singles so probably not what was meant here but it is in a box! and the sound quality is exceptionally good. Ninja Tune's offering is 12 sides, 46 tracks of fabulous music, bought second hand and a little worse for wear, but not too worn. (If only I had me one of them ultra sonic cleaner thingies) I don't play a couple of sides too often as there's some poor quality Rap in their earliest years but most of it is top-draw electronic music.

To the Nora Jones tragic, (she's OK) try and find on Spotify or whatever, Sarah Jones with DJ Vadim - 'Your Revolution Will Not Happen Between These Thighs'. Hated it first time I heard it, love it for the iconic statement it is now.

Edited by Grimmie

There is no vinyl set everyone needs to have because we all have different music taste. In case you like jazz, check out the Mosaic box sets. These are very well done.

+1 for the Mosaic box sets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pink Floyd - Echos

Led Zeppelin - Mothership 

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

Jenifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat

Edited by sjay

15 minutes ago, Teksiis said:

It's likely going to cost me a pretty penny to get in a reasonable condition but number 1 on my list is Massive Attack - Singles 90/98

https://www.discogs.com/Massive-Attack-Singles-9098/master/32673

Cheers,

Tex

Man, I like you, Aphex Twin as your picture and a nice choice of Boxed set.....well played Sir!!!!!!

• Like 1