SOLD: FS: Primare i32 as new HT bypass

SOLD

Item: Primare i32
Price: $1300
Item Condition: as new used for only 2 weeks
Reason for selling: have tried a few integrated amps now and yes they an improvement over certain avr's but I find my Integra with 2 subs and poweramp is good enough.
Payment Method: PayPal
Extra Info: I'll do free shipping via courier.

This does not have MM Board.

Pictures: 

IMG_0647.JPG

Edited by powerav

33 minutes ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

What's the RRP of this one, over $3k if I remember right?

$3000 without the board. I got mine for a better deal with a system purchase but this is a great price and it is an excellent amp. :thumb:

Well tickle me pink, I just got a Wyred 4 Sound USB recovery thingy from @Ugly for my Meridian 2 and this has transformed the Primare now there is a noticeable difference in audio quality from this and the AVR so I will be keeping, unless of course the is an offer I can't refuse.:D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powerav said:

Well tickle me pink, I just got a Wyred 4 Sound USB recovery thingy from @Ugly for my Meridian 2 and this has transformed the Primare now there is a noticeable difference in audio quality from this and the AVR so I will be keeping, unless of course the is an offer I can't refuse.:D

Do tell?

20 minutes ago, crisis said:

Do tell?

Well basically while the Primare with the Meridian 2 dac was good sometimes I would go back to AVR for music while still using the Primare for  amp duties and there wasn't a huge difference, the Primare was better but not by a huge amount so was thinking of going back to just a poweramp to keep things simple. BUT after trying a last ditch effort of adding a Wyred 4 Sound USB remedy it really lifted it to a new level. Much smoother and not those big shrill moments that sometimes can happen.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, powerav said:

Well basically while the Primare with the Meridian 2 dac was good sometimes I would go back to AVR for music while still using the Primare for  amp duties and there wasn't a huge difference, the Primare was better but not by a huge amount so was thinking of going back to just a poweramp to keep things simple. BUT after trying a last ditch effort of adding a Wyred 4 Sound USB remedy it really lifted it to a new level. Much smoother and not those big shrill moments that sometimes can happen.

Pardon my ignorance but I presume this is used with streaming devices?

On 8/23/2017 at 9:54 AM, blybo said:

So is this still for sale or not?

I am getting very attached to it but i think a power amp may be better for me so I'll say yes.

Is it a refurbished unit?

No it was a brand new at time of purchase.

And can the MM board be retro fitted?

Yes can be done yourself. https://www.avconcept.com.au/av-concepts-products-toowoomba/for-the-home/amplifers/integrated-stereo-amps/primare-amplifiers/primare-mm30-media-board/

Ok I have decided to seriously sell and dropped price to $1300 (maybe negotiable) remember shipping is included at $1300, cheapest that you will find anywhere for a NON refurb.

I gave it good listen today and is the best 2 channel set up i have had and has oodles of detail.

While I was sitting and listening to Peter Gabriel In your eyes it reminded the of the joy I had when I first listened to Peter Gabriel Play the Videos in 24/96 DTS, it gave me the same wow factor so much I stopped the 2 channel stuff and spent afternoon with this and Genesis when in rome.

So in summery surround sound music, videos and concerts is where my heart is so will invest in the best surround system I can afford.

I vow never to venture into 2 channel territory ever again.:thumb:

Edited by powerav