Vinyl lover

Hi all,

Bought my first TT last year at Christmas time, which was a Sony product from JB HiFi, it did the job until I wanted to get more serious about the hobby.

(Being in a relationship with a double income and no kids really has its perks)

I recently bought the Pro-Ject Debut Record Master, and all I have to say is WOW! The Sony TT was all plastic, and by no means a bad beginning turntable but the difference is night and day!

The pro-Ject is well built and 1,000 better looking, and the sound is much much better.

My collection grows weekly, however I purchase albums from bands that I thoroughly enjoy, I'm not one of the collectors who buys all they can just to brag about the size of their collection.

Speaker wise I have a Sonos play:5, bought it due to the interest in the Sonos capabilities I.E being able to listen to my TT while working on my car in the garage etc

• Like 2

With regards to record purchases 

That's the way I started - purchasing the titles I most wanted 

Now I'm chasing titles to fill in holes in the collection - but only from artists that I really love.

Hope to see you on the record spinning thread at some point to shoot the breeze 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 2

Welcome to the group. I grew up with records and radio, (eventually had a record shop) but these days use a bit of everything, from CD & LP to Streamed music  from (i) the hard drive, (ii)Spotify and (ii)JazzRadio.com.

Today has been mostly LP while I've got together a batch of LPs for despatch to Melbourne, and cleaned a few of those plus some of my own.  

• 2 weeks later...