Hobart GTG late september EOI

Upfront

30 minutes ago, BioBrian said:

So, 1pm still?

BYO rain coat understood, but I'll be going to Salamanca first, if you need anything.

yep. 1pm and we'll work it out from there. 

Shouldn't need anything mate but thanks for the offer.

Fabulous day - sorry it was too busy to meet everyone, but a very stimulating time.

Thanks Linc and Helen for a such great feast and beautiful setting.

The new 'sun' umbrella proved to be nicely versatile!

The paper horns are a work of art, and sounded heaps better after the blu tac tweak!

It was an awesome drive home with no moon, wet roads, and a lot of lightning.

I look forward to more, when the next alignment can happen.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Very good having you all. Both Helen and I really enjoyed catching up with everyone. Really good to meet some new faces too. Thanks to all who braved the weather!
e69c311f0453a115fd83d67b9507550d.jpg

Can you send a bit of that rain to Wollongong? We haven't had any real rain for 4 months or more....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank's Linc and Helen for a very enjoyable day.
Great to meet some new faces from SNA.
That thunder storm followed me for an hour on the trip home.
Steve.
Good to have you Steve. I was wondering how you went getting home! It was a pretty wild storm. Glad to hear you made it.

Fabulous day - sorry it was too busy to meet everyone, but a very stimulating time.
Thanks Linc and Helen for a such great feast and beautiful setting.
The new 'sun' umbrella proved to be nicely versatile!
The paper horns are a work of art, and sounded heaps better after the blu tac tweak!
It was an awesome drive home with no moon, wet roads, and a lot of lightning.
I look forward to more, when the next alignment can happen.
Thanks for the kind words Brian. I'll let you know when I've had a little more time with the little horns and you can come for another listen.

That is definitely an enthusiasts room Linc...valves, horns, vinyl...nice!.  Hope the day went well but it looks like everyone was hanging around the bbq for a bit of tucker...gotta love the September jackets and cold looking locals.

10 minutes ago, soundbyte said:

Linc, did you pinch my three point blue tac idea?

Was thinking about putting in for a patent!

Photos or it did not  happen.

What change did it bring to the sound?

I noticed a little distortion thing happening. We thought it might be that the horn was vibrating on the shelf, but when I looked behind, I saw one of the speaker wires had come loose, and was only just touching the driver contact. The blu tac solder worked a treat. (I now have to admit that blue tac beats baling twine for at least one application).

Linc, did you pinch my three point blue tac idea?
Was thinking about putting in for a patent!

Photos or it did not  happen.

What change did it bring to the sound?

Not quite Russell. But I know have a patent pending for a blutack isolation/vibration control system...
a1f10a00fe9f47dbe6bed7f23bdf402a.jpg
It stops the horn resonating in the little stand I knocked up for the GTG. The horn seemed to vibrate in the stand at around 5k.

So the wire just got the 'move it a bit and hold your breath' treatment? I stand corrected. Whatever, it sounded clear after that. Nice horns.
That's exactly what happened! As we discussed, I have some fancy pure copper aligator clips but couldn't find them on the day. I'll dig them out for a bit more of a listen.

Nice, two patent applications pending...

Did you find the clip leads?

Would have helped with the loose connections, but not so much with the mechanical mounting vibration issue.

Agree with Brian, nice horns, open and engaging to me.

On a winner.

• Like 2

Would have helped with the loose connections, but not so much with the mechanical mounting vibration issue.
On a winner.
Havent found them yet. They've been tucked away in a special spot where they won't get lost......if only I could remember where that is.....
Thanks for the kind words about the little horns. Makes all the hard work worth the effort.

Thanks Linc and Helen.
Great food, drink, and hospitality made for another top GTG.
Whilst the the clouds looked threatening, only a little precipitation occured during the afternoon. Coupled with double digit temperature, made for a rather balmy environment,  -ripe for some healthy discussions!

I was privileged to be invited to sit in "the chair" and select some tunes. For a setup that was put together just in the nick of time, I must say, it sounded very nice indeed. Well done Linc.

Got to meet some new faces from SNA, and some familiar ones.
There was a mainlander here also. Would like to see a few more, -don't be strangers!

All-in-all, a fantastic day. I would love to have stayed longer.

• Like 1

Thanks Linc and Helen.
Great food, drink, and hospitality made for another top GTG.
Whilst the the clouds looked threatening, only a little precipitation occured during the afternoon. Coupled with double digit temperature, made for a rather balmy environment,  -ripe for some healthy discussions!
I was privileged to be invited to sit in "the chair" and select some tunes. For a setup that was put together just in the nick of time, I must say, it sounded very nice indeed. Well done Linc.
Got to meet some new faces from SNA, and some familiar ones.
There was a mainlander here also. Would like to see a few more, -don't be strangers!
All-in-all, a fantastic day. I would love to have stayed longer.
Thanks Sam. Always a pleasure to have you. We did quite well dodging the rain in the end. I was very pleased!
Thanks for the kind words about my little paper horns. They seem to have been a bit of a hit! I'm pretty chuffed!

On a winner.
Always in the last place you look aren't they....abcaf4fdbe1a700ed9fba287ccc96c63.jpg