LinearTracker

Streaming Advice for a Newbie

Hi All, I am seeking all of your advice and experience with streaming services, as I am in the midst of re configuring my entire audio setup from a traditional two channel, physical media based to, hopefully, one free from all physical media, and I have no direct experience with doing what I wish to achieve, I have been reading a lot lately about how to go about this, with, obviously a few different approaches, so I will begin here, is there a streaming service that is available here in Australia, that offers hi rez audio at the same size as cd ? I don't care about quantity, it's quality that I am after, having said that, if streaming is not possible at cd quality then I will need the same hi rez as a typical cd size as a download, what service can provide that here in Australia ? and by that, I mean available presence in Australia, as stated, I wish to begin to search out the possibility of using a streaming service, my taste in music is a healthy mix of different styles,  classical, world music, folk music, new age, 1920's - 1930's jazz / blues, and rock of all types, so those would be my basic criteria for now, I look forward to your responses and thanks in advance.

Hi, Thanks, I had a look and came across an article about streaming services that have gone bust and those that soon will, Tidal being one of them and apparently facebook is getting ready to launch it's own streaming service, having said that I think that I will stay away from streaming, I feel more comfortable going down the download route, so, who offers hi rez downloads of all genres of music in one place for Australia ?

Jventer   

To answer your question: Nobody, Nada, Zip.
Royalties, regions etc have stuffed us all up.
It is the year 2017 but in Australia you need a VPN, use various sites or not cd quality.

By the way, Tidal is cheap for what you get.

Tidal closing down one day? What will most likely happen is consolidation in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jventer, I will forget about streaming, with downloads of legally bought music, who provides either lossless and/or hi rez codecs and bitrates of same ? and one that will allow me to copy onto a usb/ssd so I can transfer to the car or to my hifi  ? having said that, what hi fi audio quality component do I need to be able to just plug in a ssd and have a fully functioning usb port on the front panel ? a sd card slot would be nice but not essential and then hook this device up to my valve amp set up as I noticed units like the Cambridge Audio CXN, which I like a lot, but I really don't need all of those bells and whistles, I just want a non computer/laptop based high end play back unit of my hi rez files through the ssd or usb that I just mentioned. Thanks.