Sign in to follow this  
wedgetail

G'day from upper hunter

Just a quick hello from a new member. I'm a music lover and appreciate quality gear and hope I can pick up a few bits of info and also offer any limited knowledge I may have on the subject if I can... it seems like there are a lot of knowledgable and friendly people on this forum! I wouldn't class myself as an audiophile as I don't think I can really distinguish a lot of the differences between this cable and

that, one high end source from the next but in all walks of life I like physical objects that are built to a high tolerance, durable and form-follows-function beauty so try to aquire nice units.

I'm a father in my thirties with a happy family and my finger in too many pies (old trucks, good food, analogue photography, carpentry, metalwork, riding, camping, hunting etc.) so don't have a heap of time or money to spend on gear but I have the potential and desire for a half respectable up:

15" Tannoy monitor golds in GRF-Rs I built three years ago with a NAD 3020 and apple airport. This is interim while I'm building my Lenco GL75 into its Yellow Box plinth, the ESP p88 (not ordered yet) to go with the p06 and p05b I had fed from my old ariston q deck all to go behind my Quad 520f freshly factory serviced (well fresh as in 5 years ago and has sat in its box since). Also I've just got a raspberry Pi and hifiberry dac to become the new airplay receiver - google's going to have to teach me how to program it...

So these are the type of questions I may be speaking answers too, many thanks in advance!

Thanks guys. We're on the edge of central north west too - Yeah it's beautiful country, can't get enough of it...