sloper

Is Heavy Metal considered Speaker abuse.

sloper   

Goodaye all

Had one of my children playing music on one of my amps.

Had to ask myself was he abusing my speakers and amp playing heavy metal and hiphop.:sarc:

regards Bruce

Tool's "Lateralus" is heavy AND wonderfully well produced. Sounds fantastic on good systems!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tool's "Lateralus" is heavy AND wonderfully well produced. Sounds fantastic on good systems!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSG   

You could take it to the next level by playing some Death Metal blastbeats :D.

But seriously, the cleanest, deepest and most impactful bass & kick drums I' be ever heard in Heavy Metal is from the Finish symphonic metal band Nightwish. Even their concert DVDs have that same killer slam.

This band's recordings would have murdered my VAF I-93s quite effortlessly if I hadn't consigned bass duties to my 2 pairs of Rythmik subwoofers.

Don't see why, so long as everything's operating within its parameters, there's no clipping and everything is in good order with the cabinet...

not it that I'd do it - not into either :D

Edited by wedgetail

awayward   
1 hour ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Only if you turn it up to 11

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you make ten a little louder, make that the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: these go to eleven

I sometimes wonder if some of the electronic I listen to isn't speaker abuse. Sustaining some overdriven synth or feedback loop for minutes at a time, you really do wonder. But system abuse? I had a 9yr olds party at my place the other week, got this great pic of 6 or 7 kids on their hands and knees crowded round my system. Next gen geeks the pic suggests. In actuality they were crowded round an iPad I'd hooked into it for them and they were torturing me with You Tube, mine craft themed pop parodies. Dreadful. I launched into one of those 'when I was a boy...' talks. I'm sure it left lasting damage.

Satanica   
13 hours ago, RSG said:

But seriously, the cleanest, deepest and most impactful bass & kick drums I' be ever heard in Heavy Metal is from the Finish symphonic metal band Nightwish. Even their concert DVDs have that same killer slam.

This band's recordings would have murdered my VAF I-93s quite effortlessly if I hadn't consigned bass duties to my 2 pairs of Rythmik subwoofers.

I'm well familiar with NIghtwish's music and I think what you're hearing (the slam) are actually sound effects added during the production phase, not produced by actual instruments.

RSG   
2 hours ago, Satanica said:

I'm well familiar with NIghtwish's music and I think what you're hearing (the slam) are actually sound effects added during the production phase, not produced by actual instruments.

Perhaps ... but that's the way I love it. If only Metallica and Slayer sounded like that too.

Satanica   
1 hour ago, RSG said:

Perhaps ... but that's the way I love it. If only Metallica and Slayer sounded like that too.

They (Nightwish) sound like a big movie soundtrack (in a good way).

Edited by Satanica