Bluesound Vault 2 DISAPPEARED! :(

I've happily had the Bluesound Vault 2 connected to my network  since I bought it months ago. But recently it doesn't appear on the network , so I can't play my files, or do any streaming.

Any ideas on how I can get it to connect and therefore play my files and stream my Tidal?

No wonder I prefer vinyl! 

Have you reconfigured the wifi and room name ect 

Edit 

Also switch off and back on your modem / router and while you are at it check for a software update on the modem / router 

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 1

You are speaking another language! :)

When  first got this all I did was power it up and entered some password and it has worked fine ever since.

Until now.

I'm going back to playing vinyl....

15 minutes ago, Sime said:

if you can, plug it in via a network cable, and see if it pops up. if it does, then go back to wifi and cross your fingers. 

I second that - as I think I had to do that at one time and it worked until all the updates went through the system 

Then all worked perfectly 

Thanks for the tips everyone.

I turned everything off, including router and left it for a while. 

Turned everything back on and yay its back, apart from needing to be  re-indexed. So far, so good :)

It's a modem/Router thing, you really need a smart hub network switch, ever since I this I have never had an issue with anything dropping off the network.

https://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/smart/GS724TPv2.aspx

If you are spending big bucks on digital audio and streaming products then these are vital.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, powerav said:

It's a modem/Router thing, you really need a smart hub network switch, ever since I this I have never had an issue with anything dropping off the network.

If you are spending big bucks on digital audio and streaming products then these are vital.

I've had it for about 6 months with not one drop out, until yesterday,  and this is when connected to the network wirelessly via the ethernet port.

I've no idea what a smart hub network switch is and hopefully I don't need one. :)

The fewer the boxes the better, which is why I got the Vault, in the first place, to replace a Squeezebox +laptop+ext hard drive+iFi USB power+LPS (and +/-DAC and headphone amp).

9 hours ago, Full Range said:

A good result -

Hope you don't abandon vinyl 

Not likely!

I use the Vault mainly for checking out and discovering new music, or background music. 99% of my listening is vinyl.

8 hours ago, powerav said:

It's a funny thing, I don't want to get into vinyl because of all the mucking around with cleaning, stylus's etc but networking and digital is probably 20 times harder.

Only 20!!!? ;)

12 hours ago, powerav said:

I just went to that website and read everything the overview had to say, but you know what? I have absolutely no idea of what's being said, not a clue. Would it kill them to explain in simple English what the product does and how that would be of benefit?

• Like 1