Dokken

Cambridge Audio CXUHD 4k player

Dokken   

It appears that Cambridge Audio is finally releasing a 4K UHD player next month to compete against Oppo. Price will be £700. It appears this unit will not have any analog inputs!?!

Jventer   

I like Cambrideg Audio, but at that price?

Panasonic/Oppo 203 does 4K a lot cheaper  and Oppo 205 has a lot more outputs than this.

Willbe interesting to see what happens.

niss_man   

That's a backwards step from the cxu which has analogue outs both multi and dual channel.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

:) al   

they usually share the media tek chipsets wiht oppo, so good to see thats continuing. interesting the simplicity of it

I wouldn't go by uk pricing on this kind of thing, wait up to see what its like when lands here.

be interesting to see when they have a full player wiht analogs etc as they have done with previous players.

Pewe   

I have a Cambridge CXU. I'm very happy with it. I do not use any analog connections at all. HDMI to my TV,  the other HDMI to my processor Krell Foundation 4K UHD I run as 6.1. Not walls enough for 7.1.

I see no problem with no analog connections. For what?
(I did use analog in the beginning with my almost 15 years old processor that do not have hdmi connections)

I might purchase a CXUHD since I see more and more h265 stuff out there and my TV support UHD.

EDIT: I miss the front USB connection that my CXU has and I use all the time. I hope that USB sticks can use a short extension cable for quick access .

Edited by Pewe
edit

niss_man   

I bought a CXU blu-ray player recently (not hd model). Has wolfson dac chips and is similar to the oppo 105. You can get them at video pro now for around $1100.

Dokken   

Will be interesting to see how Cambridge prices the new 4K UHD player here in Australia!