Tasso

Why Opinions expressed at GTG's can be misleading

djb   

Not sure if I'm impressed or depressed by this thread

Happy   
11 minutes ago, djb said:

Not sure if I'm impressed or depressed by this thread

Excessive consumption of alcohol causes depression :)

evil c   

Excessive consumption of alcohol causes depression
Temperance movement propaganda!
Insert lack of at beginning for correct diagnostic results .

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Luc   

Never given an opinion at a GTG.

Have given a directive or three but never an opinion.

Directive?

Err, excuse me, can I get a word in here?

Rob181   
3 hours ago, Luc said:

Never given an opinion at a GTG.

Cough....splutter...choke...gag...wheeze...

Now that's funny...

3 hours ago, Luc said:

Have given a directive or three but never an opinion.

Directive?

Err...something like..."if you play Tina Arena I will throttle you"...

Luc   
10 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

Cough....splutter...choke...gag...wheeze...

Now that's funny...

Err...something like..."if you play Tina Arena I will throttle you"...

Your a Banana bender so your automatically forgiven for a multitude of sins.

Where would we be without Queensland eh?

No dumping grounds for all our waste, no repository for all the Murray Darling river system's water that should feed the states below it(NSW/VIC/SA) in that nice friendly place called Cubby Station, no place for our nice friends in India to build a railway and a port that will bring untold joy to a few thousand Hasonites up at Gladstone and  separate the 'living coral reef' part of the Great Barrier Reef from the future 'dead bit'.

Tina is acceptable. She was on the stage at Splendour recently and everyone wondered who the hell was the chick with the big voice?

Rob181   
On 8/8/2017 at 9:42 PM, Luc said:

Certainly not losing the SOO for the 11th time in 12 years...

Nor somewhere that electricity,  rego, & just about anything else you would care to mention is significantly cheaper...

Tina is acceptable. She was on the stage at Splendour recently and everyone wondered who the hell was the chick with the big voice?

Yep...she has got one of those...can hold a note too & does some pretty good covers...

Good to hear from you big fella...hope that you & yours are happy & healthy...

Noum   

I'm surprised anyone would be surprised at this. Alcohol inhibits all senses and any conclusions drawn while under the influence can be suspect.

Meh...

Happy   

I say a good drop is about five times and over more effective at improving the sound than some fancy cables. 

blybo   

Your a Banana bender so your automatically forgiven for a multitude of sins.

No dumping grounds for all our waste, no repository for all the Murray Darling river system's water that should feed the states below it(NSW/VIC/SA) in that nice friendly place called Cubby Station, no place for our nice friends in India to build a railway and a port that will bring untold joy to a few thousand Hasonites up at Gladstone and  separate the 'living coral reef' part of the Great Barrier Reef from the future 'dead bit'.

Tina is acceptable as long as you don't have to hear her talk about herself. She was on the stage at Splendour recently and everyone wondered who the hell was the chick with the big voice?

Fixed that one for you. Same applies to Kate Cebrano

blybo   
On 8/8/2017 at 2:37 PM, evil c said:

We are all seasoned and impervious to ill effects from copious quantities of red - aren't we@djb ?
Although nothing impresses us ! emoji53.png

Well I just fall asleep while I still have guests...:hiccup:sorry:

Tasso   

I also think audio/music  preferences can change with alcohol. Its the only explanation i can give for getting a group of blokes  who ordinarily have varied opinions to largely prefer rolled off  and bass heavy  music at GTG.  It could be simply  because  the hearing loss due to alcohol is greatest  in the sub-treble region and gear that would ordinarily  tittilate  the senses, sounds thinner  to the  well lubricated gentry.

Could this mean that proponents Single Ended Triode amps ( as an example) simply drink too much alcohol? :D:love

Luc   
7 hours ago, blybo said:

Fixed it for you properly.[blank]

blybo   

@Luc

Huh? Are you saying don't touch my quotes? It was a joke, just forgot to put a :D in there.

Upfront   

Could this mean that proponents Single Ended Triode amps ( as an example) simply drink too much alcohol? :love

Guilty as charged

pulinap   
7 hours ago, Tasso said:

I also think audio/music  preferences can change with alcohol. Its the only explanation i can give for getting a group of blokes  who ordinarily have varied opinions to largely prefer rolled off  and bass heavy  music at GTG.  It could be simply  because  the hearing loss due to alcohol is greatest  in the sub-treble region and gear that would ordinarily  tittilate  the senses, sounds thinner  to the  well lubricated gentry.

That pretty much explains why @djb requested Kamahl's Elephant song at the PMC presentation at CAV......after drinking half the beer that was meant for 25 people....:D (not to mention 10 sizes of pizza)

Rob181   
1 hour ago, pulinap said:

That pretty much explains why @djb requested Kamahl's Elephant song at the PMC presentation at CAV......after drinking half the beer that was meant for 25 people....:D (not to mention 10 sizes of pizza)

How do you drink...10 sizes of beer...

pulinap   
38 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

How do you drink...10 sizes of beer...

....I see you are from Queensland.....down here it is different....:)

Gremrock   
On 8/10/2017 at 9:41 PM, pulinap said:

....I see you are from Queensland.....down here it is different....:)

In Queensland we don't waste time counting the beer, we just drink it.

Gremrock   

And Tina is always welcome in my System, no matter what anyone in my house OR next door says!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now