Bookshelf speakers DSE AE2095

The room makes all the difference!    

I bought these a few years ago.  Not well reviewed, but seemed adequately built, and they were cheap.   I tried them, and thought they sounded just OK, so I used them as front channels on a home theatre setup .

A little while ago I needed some bookshelf speakers for my home office so I tried them again.  This time, instead of the big carpeted room, they were in a small narrowish rectangular room with polished wood floors.  I have them on the long wall of the room, and they sound really nice.  I have adjusted the distance from the wall (they are rear vented) and the amount of bass is very surprising. 

As I said, the room makes all the difference.  I am using a 2A3 SET valve amp and still get told to turn it down from the other end of the house :)  I now have a very nice alternative setup for listening to music.

On 07/08/2017 at 7:21 PM, pete_mac said:

Nice! I have a pair of the older A2667 DSE speakers with the modifications outlined on Zog's 'mini rig' website. They also go surprisingly low, but are a bit lacking in the mids. 

.........not with a top notch front end and amp.....let me tell Ya..:thumb:.......they lose it when cranked though...:P

Edited by Tasebass