Did quick search and found this thread from 2014:

Kind of answers my query but I'm still a bit confused - if someone here can rephrase it slightly?

Basically I picked up an identical twin sub from crap converters for a ree dic you lus sum of money - 90 bucks and no that's not a typo.  A Sonique Thunderbox 1200 in far better condition than the one I currently have....

The second sub now sits on the other side of the LH speaker below the waterfall photo.  I've daisy chained it from existing one via a 5m RCA interconnect - line out to line in.  

I think I've managed to blend the two pretty evenly, mucked around with the 0/180 phasing and found it sounds best when both of them are an exact match.....why this is I'm not sure.  I set the crossover rolloff fairly low, about 50hz give or take (because I'm sure this isn't an absolute drop off, it's simply the point where the sound starts attenuating).  And because I'm now running twins, I've dropped the overall volume on both to compensate.

The improvement was immediate.  It's simply fattened everything up but not at the expense of sharpness or imaging.  Sound simply pours into the room completely free of stress.

My question: Is there an alternate way to hook them up?  My preamp has dual preouts but one is already fed directly to the power amp, the other is for sub duties.  I didn't want to run a Y-splitter from the pre to each sub as it would reduce the impedance each sub receives.

_DSC1941.jpg

• Like 2

As your preamp has two sets of outputs and you now have two sub woofers  you can have stereo bass.

Connect one pair to your power amp and the other pair to your subs.

Right channel output to right hand sub , left channel to left hand sub.

This is the best way for 2 channel music.

• Like 4