Sign in to follow this  
cheekyboy

CH2 Loudspeakers in Natural Timber Veneer.

We are pleased to announce that our sensational CH2 loudspeakers are now available in your choice of natural timber veneer.

Our first natural timber veneer finished CH2s were built recently and delivered to our customer in Melbourne's eastern suburbs late in July 2017.

Below you can see our customers CH2s in Dave's system just prior to delivery. Our customer's choice of natural veneer was European Ash. They are alongside Dave's painted pair in the below pictures.

CH2s_painted_in_veneer_large.jpg?v=15014CH2s_painted_veneer_-_2_large.jpg?v=1501

Here is a picture of the LHS CH2 installed in our customer's system. 

CH2_European_Ash_in_customer_s_room_larg

They look and sound sensational. Wyndham Audio sources all the timber veneers from Sharp Veneer and the CH2s can be finished in a wide range of these natural timber veneers.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy

Hensa   

They look gorgeous, Keith! The CH2's are up there with my favourite sounding speakers, regardless of cost. In the three hours I spent at the Hifi Show on Saturday, I only heard one speaker system that I'd take over them - and they cost over $150K!

Luckily for me, I get to listen to John's fabulous pair on a regular basis!:thumb:

10 minutes ago, Hensa said:

They look gorgeous, Keith! The CH2's are up there with my favourite sounding speakers, regardless of cost. In the three hours I spent at the Hifi Show on Saturday, I only heard one speaker system that I'd take over them - and they cost over $150K!

Luckily for me, I get to listen to John's fabulous pair on a regular basis!:thumb:

Thanks for the kind words, Greg and of course I agree totally. The CH2s need to be experienced to really appreciate how good they do sound and you are fortunate, as am I, to regularly get to listen to John's pair of CH2s in his sensational system. 

Cheers,

Keith

Are there any plans to make bookshelf versions of these? Forgive me if the question is engineeringly ignorant!

13 hours ago, Cardiiiii said:

Are there any plans to make bookshelf versions of these? Forgive me if the question is engineeringly ignorant!

Hello Joe,

Unfortunately, because these and our CH1 loudspeakers are a conical horn design, the length of the horn itself pretty much dictates that these need to be floorstanders. Although, if you're looking for a bookshelf loudspeaker and you are going to place them on stands, you'll find that our CH1 loudspeaker would probably have a smaller footprint at 160mm [W] x 225mm [D].

If you need any further information, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM here on StereoNET or give me a call anytime.

Cheers,

Keith

scuzzii   
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, cheekyboy said:

Thanks for the kind words, Greg and of course I agree totally. The CH2s need to be experienced to really appreciate how good they do sound and you are fortunate, as am I, to regularly get to listen to John's pair of CH2s in his sensational system. 

Cheers,

Keith

Happy for anyone who is interested in hearing the CH2s to drop me a PM.  Welcome to listen to them at my place and enjoy the music they deliver.  Might even have a glass of wine or beer with you...

9 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Happy for anyone who is interested in hearing the CH2s to drop me a PM.  Welcome to listen to them at my place and enjoy the music they deliver.  Might even have a glass of wine or beer with you...

Hi folks,

Let me echo John's words above and I strongly encourage you to audition the CH2s and take John up on his offer. Of course I think you should because you'll have the chance to experience a truly fabulous loudspeaker in the CH2s, but you will also experience one of the best complete systems that you are ever likely to have the opportunity to listen to. John has only this weekend upgraded the tonearm on his beautiful Soulines Kubrick turntable to a Brinkmann 10.5, which John is conservatively claiming a 15% gain in performance..................something that is hard to comprehend given the level of performance prior to the tonearm upgrade.

Do yourself a huge favour and organise a visit to John's place for a listen, he is a wonderful host, you'll have a great time and you'll get to hear a truly hi end world class system.

Cheers,

Keith

[PS] Shortly after John purchased his CH2s from us, he was kind enough to loan them back to Dave and I so we could demonstrate them to the Sydney Audio Club a couple of years ago now. Below is a transcript of the write up remarks from the Sydney Audio Club following our visit.

"What a great meeting!

Huge thanks go out to Dave and Keith of Wyndham Audio for trekking their way to Sydney to present for us at the Sydney Audio Club. Also a huge thanks to Scuzzii for bringing in his CH2 speakers who recently took delivery of these and had run them in nicely for us. I now know why he is such a proud owner of these great sounding speakers, they really were the star of the show. All your efforts guys are really appreciated and produced an afternoon of great enjoyment by all that attended.

The CH2 speakers really do change your pre perception of what a full range driver can achieve and the bass response that was produced during the playing of a Ray Brown track was truly impressive and seemed to defy the size of the driver. It caused jaws to drop and resulted in a spontaneous applause on the tracks closing.

The bass was not its only glory; dynamics, imaging, a huge open soundstage, (though I did prefer the cleaner sound that the Graham Slee Pre/Amp combo provided over the ME), overall very musically satisfying. A good example of the scale these speakers can produce was when a track of a 'one thousand voice' choir was played. Their voices rose well above the speakers and was only capped by the ceiling itself and also expanded well beyond their sides.

Dave and Keith have produced a remarkable sounding pair of speakers of which their beaming pride and many accolades are well deserved. If the CH2's can sound this good in a large, acoustically challenged room, then a listen in a home environment will be a must.

Thanks again fellas for giving us the opportunity to experience some of the highlights of the Wyndham Audio range as well as your enjoyable presentation, we welcome you back anytime."

Edited by cheekyboy