Nobody?

I am keen to know if the improved USB is the right path. I am still looking for an Ethernet based Aes/ebu solution to avoid USB altogether. But i read many good reviews on Gen 5 and Eitr.

Hopefully  some folks will chime in to share their experience.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

17 hours ago, muriwai said:

Can someone please provide a link where the best place to purchase one of these from please I'm Melbourne east cheers Muri ,thanks in advance

I think you have to order it from Schiit directly: http://www.schiit.com/products/eitr . If you only want to get it locally, you probably should check with Addicted To Audio. They don't seem to have it yet but should have it sooner or later.

• 3 weeks later...

On 14/08/2017 at 2:36 PM, gt1482 said:

Thank you gt,have ordered one from them ,cheers Muri

Direct, $179 + $23post usd, and you can pay with Paypal so you have buyers protection.

And this Schiit guy (Mike Moffat) knows his Schiit, he was head of Theta Digital Dac design when they were on top.

Cheers George

Edited by georgehifi

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get the Schiit Eitr working on Windows? The Schiit "drivers" are quite frankly schiit. The device itself cannot be detected, and the driver install of CMEDIA (could they use cheaper drivers) also fails/fails to detect. VERY frustrating.

Tried on Windows 8.1 PC as well, same result. Did all the usual tricks, 3 different cables, ports, powered hub. Still it will not work.

In comparison the Theyscon drivers are sophisticated and detect/work without fail.

I had the same issue with Mimby and returned it to Addicted - and guess what - they had exactly the same issue on their Windows PC and laptop. It worked fine on Apple, so I returned it for a refund.

The only thing I can think is to buy their WYRD thingy and hope that works - gee I wonder why they invented that ... 

They seriously need to license a proper usb driver that works first time every time rather than hope we all move to Windows 10 / Apple.

Was going to buy the Singxer SU1 but heard Eitr was as good/better and half the price, hence it overcame my reluctance to try Schiit again. 

Have logged a ticket with them. Will see what they say.

The EITR is going to a Forum member with a Windows free home - at a substantial discount ...

As a comparison, this afternoon I installed the Windows drivers on the same NUC for my PS AUDIO DAC in less than 10 minutes, the instructions were perfect and the drivers professional, works flawlessly. Thanks PS AUDIO :) 

Schiit have provided a RA with strict instructions, no tech support was forthcoming.

Here's my take on SCHIIT:

1. Build quality of casing plugs etc. = Nasty and cheap. (Mimby and EITR).
  2. Website information and help and documentation = Poor and confusing and well, useless.
  3. Windows USB support and drivers = Good luck !
  4. Marketing and their Product Names and Press Releases = Annoying.
  5. Sound. Can't comment as I never got 2 of their products to work. However I have no doubt they are very near the top of the tree for performance/value. IF you can get it to work on Windows ...

On 01/09/2017 at 4:14 PM, gt1482 said:

@muriwai You probably are looking for the Apple 30-Pin Camera Connection Kit mentioned here: blog.jdslabs.com/?p=838 ?

That's the one.

Best place to get it is Apple on line.

I got mine in three days and it was cheaper than everywhere else...........except the US.

19 hours ago, eltech said:

Did you ask them for support?

I thought you just asked for an RA?

Did you get the driver from here?

http://www.schiit.com/drivers

Did you try both W7 drivers? (There are two)

Yes, asked for support and logged a ticket -  but heard nothing.

I work in IT so , yes I know how to install the drivers. 

The fact I then installed the PS AUDIO drivers in less then 10 minutes on the same machine - working perfectly, says to me their drivers are no good ...

4 hours ago, MikeAUS said:

Yes, asked for support and logged a ticket -  but heard nothing.

I work in IT so , yes I know how to install the drivers. 

The fact I then installed the PS AUDIO drivers in less then 10 minutes on the same machine - working perfectly, says to me their drivers are no good ...

I guess other users don't have this problem, otherwise there would be widespread reports of faulty drivers. Do you think you were unlucky with faulty product? I haven't read of  others having such an unfavorable opinion of Schiit.

I bought a Schiit Loki and found the driver worked on windows 8 and it sounded very good.

Is there something uncommon with your PC, or custom settings for windows? 

I'm not disputing your experience, and nor am I a Schiit fan boy, but if you had two Schiits and both had problems on your PC it seems more likely to be your PC than Schiit products. I understand that PS audio drivers worked, but that isn't an indicator of quality. With windows 10, "device driver signing" needs to be turned off to enable installation of non windows certified drivers. Perhaps something similar on your machine. I'm not in IT, but I do support for pro audio products and I've encountered many customers over the years have random issues with installing drivers or getting software to work in their PC. It's more common than you might think, and often relates to the PC hardware or operating system settings.

Edited by eltech