Jump to content
Marc

Report Bugs Here

Recommended Posts

Hergest   

I'm having the same issue as Al. I've cleared my cache more than once but sometimes I try to quote and the page refreshes to the top of the page, sometimes it does as it should. The same with highlighting some text. Sometimes text pops up "quote this" sometimes not. With clicking Like too, sometimes it works, sometimes it just reloads the page. Also when there are new notifications. Sometimes I hover my cursor over and it tells me what the notifications are, other times it opens a new page with all my notifications.

 

Problem is it is sporadic. One time I visit the site everything works as it always has, the next time it's the bugs listed above and as I said, I have cleared cookies, forced refresh, cleared cache and all that. Running Safari 10.1.2 on Macbook Pro, OS 10.10.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc   

Seems there's still bugs with the new version of Tapatalk. Of course, this ones completely out of my hands as it's up to TT to address, but they do seem pretty quick to respond with updates.

The other bug I am looking into once more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blonk   
16 hours ago, Happy said:

 

Exactly what im getting too

Same here. I checked for, and found I had an update for Tapatalk, so installed that to see if it would fix it, and still getting the same message. Site works fine on my Mac though.

 

Blonk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc   

I've just updated Tapatalk. Let me know how you get on.

Please ensure you're running the latest app version on your device also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy   
I've just updated Tapatalk. Let me know how you get on.
Please ensure you're running the latest app version on your device also.


Just logged in thanks Marc!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blonk   

Not sure if it's a bug or simply an access issue, but I get a bunch of posts in unread that I can't read. If I select them, I get a message saying there is a problem. Seems there are a group of sub forums that I can't even find if I look through forums. An example is "motoring and sports" is this section of the forum off limits to new members or is there an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hibo   

Layout looks remarkably similar to CA.  I recently updated my profile photo on that site with no problems and decided to do the same here.  Unfortunately have had no success despite several attempts.  Maybe less a bug but more of a silly old bugger struggling with technology.  To date, I've been able to upload an image.  It shows enlarged to full page with just the top visible and stays there after clicking position button but won't replace the generic 'H'.  I realise this is insignificant but still bugs me.  Any advise to proceed appreciated.

 

Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc   
7 hours ago, blonk said:

Not sure if it's a bug or simply an access issue, but I get a bunch of posts in unread that I can't read. If I select them, I get a message saying there is a problem. Seems there are a group of sub forums that I can't even find if I look through forums. An example is "motoring and sports" is this section of the forum off limits to new members or is there an issue?

 

Those things would relate to your relatively new account, with just 4 posts. As you accrue more posts and time within our community, more sub-forums and features will open up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc   
1 hour ago, hibo said:

Layout looks remarkably similar to CA.  I recently updated my profile photo on that site with no problems and decided to do the same here.  Unfortunately have had no success despite several attempts.  Maybe less a bug but more of a silly old bugger struggling with technology.  To date, I've been able to upload an image.  It shows enlarged to full page with just the top visible and stays there after clicking position button but won't replace the generic 'H'.  I realise this is insignificant but still bugs me.  Any advise to proceed appreciated.

 

Martin.

 

Layout is default IPB4, which thousands of forums around the world use :)

Without knowing what you are trying to upload, what device you are using, what browser etc, I can't offer much more advice I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob181   

I occasionally (as in once or twice a day) get "grey outs"...

I toggle backwards & forwards & all is good...

It is annoying & didn't happen at all prior...

Something is still "NQR" with the new layout...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc   

Sorry, what's a "grey-out"? And what browser and device are you using?

Have you cleared your cache /  temporary internet files?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rantan   

 

Lately, I have had a problem where if I go to answer a post and try to quote another post, I click on "quote" and nothing happens.....at all

 

For some reason I decided to refresh the page via command R and I can then quote. This is fine except that I often need to do this, if I wish to reply with a quote. I have tried all the usual things but this intermittent bug keeps happening.

No big deal but perhaps worth a look?

Edited by rantan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob181   

See Ratan's response...

That is what I call a "greyed out"...

Also happens occasionally when I go to unread posts...

I can't toggle "read everything"...cause it is "greyed out"...

Move < or > once & all is good...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, rantan said:

 

Lately, I have had a problem where if I go to answer a post and try to quote another post, I click on "quote" and nothing happens.....at all

 

For some reason I decided to refresh the page via command R and I can then quote. This is fine except that I often need to do this, if I wish to reply with a quote. I have tried all the usual things but this intermittent bug keeps happening.

No big deal but perhaps worth a look?

 

I get that as well 

The little loading circle thing is spinning spinning spinning and does not load 

That in turn affects the functionality of your next actions 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc   
56 minutes ago, rantan said:

 

Lately, I have had a problem where if I go to answer a post and try to quote another post, I click on "quote" and nothing happens.....at all

 

For some reason I decided to refresh the page via command R and I can then quote. This is fine except that I often need to do this, if I wish to reply with a quote. I have tried all the usual things but this intermittent bug keeps happening.

No big deal but perhaps worth a look?

 

This has been mentioned a few times in the posts above yours - I have acknowledged it and we are trying to reproduce it. I've only seen it the once myself, but we'll get to the bottom of it this week. To the best of what I can tell, this is the last remaining problem / bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blonk   
21 hours ago, Marc said:

 

Those things would relate to your relatively new account, with just 4 posts. As you accrue more posts and time within our community, more sub-forums and features will open up.

I thought that might be the case. The irony is,  some of the other forums are places I'm more likely to post in as I am more knowledgable in those areas, which would increase my post count faster! Anyway, thanks for the confirmation, am happy to level up as I go.

 

Blonk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hibo   
23 hours ago, Marc said:

 

Layout is default IPB4, which thousands of forums around the world use :)

Without knowing what you are trying to upload, what device you are using, what browser etc, I can't offer much more advice I'm afraid.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'm trying to upload a JPEG  to my profile photo using a Mac, Google Chrome.  Hope this may help.

 

Regards,

Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marc   

To avoid confusion, I'm closing off this thread.

New bugs can be reported to a new thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member



×