Marc

Report Bugs Here

Marc   

As you can tell, we have updated the forum template and built a new skin/template for the forums.
To the best of our testing ability we have confirmed it is working as intended in most major browsers running the latest version and no addons (or adblocking software).

If you are still seeing any problems with the site, and only after clearing your cache / deleting your temporary internet files, then please let us know here.

IMPORTANT: Please also let us know the browser you are using (which you will have checked is the latest version) and the device you are viewing the site on (ipad, phone, laptop etc).

Tweaky   

My PM notification and reply notification icons on the top right of the screen have disappeared.

Well when I refresh the page, they appear momentarily , but disappear again before i get a chance to click on them, same thing happens when I first click on Forums to enter the site.

I'm using Firefox 54.0.1, and have cleared my cache and temp internet files, I have also turned off my add blocking add-on.

EDIT: I just found that if I click on the Home icon on the top left, the same thing happens, the icons appear briefly then disappear again.

Currently having to use old email alerts of PM's to send new ones.

Edited by Tweaky

BATMAQN   

Hi Marc

Done that working well, one question mate how do we access the PM'S and notifications now, the little boxes have disappeared? Using Chrome here.

Like the new choices of grids the site is evolving nicely you've obviously been working your ass off..

Cheers

Seb

Edited by BATMAQN

Citroen   

"@Marc

Further to my issue with Chrome; I thought I would 'pause' my Adblocker and refresh the page.

Whaddaya know...  My profile / notifications are now visible.  

Just thought I would post to help you troubleshoot Marc.

Will we be able to keep an adblocker?"

Disabled Adblocker for  this site and   Notifications and messages tabs reappeared too.

Hi again Marc.  iPad was fine later yesterday but now icons I. The orange line (including getting into account stuff) has stopped working again.  Cheers, Mat

(Safari)

Marc   

Any chance of a screenshot please. And of course I have to ask, have you cleared cache/temp files?

Monk   

Is the Speakers & Subwoofers sub-forum meant to be under Other Discussion category rather than 2 Channel Stereo now?

Oh yeah, no problems with pasting in image URLs for me either.  Maybe it was a cache thing.  :unsure:

Edited by Monk

JPete9   
On 26/07/2017 at 4:47 PM, Marc said:

If you are still seeing any problems with the site, and only after clearing your cache / deleting your temporary internet files, then please let us know here.

Shift+Refresh in your browser will force a page to reload and bypass any cached files and retrieve them all from the webhost.

For chrome users who prefer the normal level of zoom, rather than the new super zoomed in look. Just click view and Zoom Out once or twice for your preference. If you like it you can set a custom Zoom Level per website in Chrome. For me stereonet at 80% on retina Mac is much nicer.

35 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

Hi @Marc, I just noticed that an email address that was sent to me via PM is showing as   [email protected]

and the link goes to something called "cloud flare"

This is on safari on my mac, doesn't seem to happen on Chrome

It also happens on my iPhone 

@Marc, the donation counter seems to have stopped? Using Firefox and Chrome browsers across two different machines.

On 27/07/2017 at 0:34 PM, Mat-with-one-t said:

Hi again Marc.  iPad was fine later yesterday but now icons I. The orange line (including getting into account stuff) has stopped working again.  Cheers, Mat

(Safari)

Hi again Marc.  Still no luck.  Can only sign in after looking at 3 topics, when it says "only members can bla bla" at which point I can sign in.  Otherwise, the orange bar icons aren't working on my iPad (Safari) (search, mail, etc....).

when pasting an image, sna now posts the image and downloads another copy for safe keeping - you then have 2 pics posted.

PC, windows10 using Chrome.  Its the Mick Jagger album.

Marc   
41 minutes ago, metal beat said:

when pasting an image, sna now posts the image and downloads another copy for safe keeping - you then have 2 pics posted.

PC, windows10 using Chrome.  Its the Mick Jagger album.

image.png

On 27/07/2017 at 1:16 PM, Marc said:

Any chance of a screenshot please. And of course I have to ask, have you cleared cache/temp files?

Hi Marc.  I can't use the 3 icons top right in the orange bar.  This means I can't access mail and so on.  iPad. Cleared cache.  Safari.

IMG_0819.PNG

:) al   

some thing a bit bizarre before couldnt click to answer, couldnt quote. refreshed browser and now all good.

shaky   

Marc,

Using safari on iPhone can't use the search function from pretty much anywhere except the forum home page. And even then mostly it's unresponsive. I've managed to get it to work only twice since I first noticed this, this morning. Unread items icon and account ines on either side work fine from any page in the forum. 

Cheers,

Tim

rantan   

Not sure if this is a fault or not, but if one is not logged in, you can only peruse the 1st page of new posts before it says that you are not permitted to view any more unless you are a member or unless you log in.

I am sure I am not the only one who, at times, may not wish to, or have time to log in, but might like to just scan a few pages of new posts. As it stands it is hardly worth bothering

blybo   
On 29/07/2017 at 10:55 AM, :) al said:

some thing a bit bizarre before couldnt click to answer, couldnt quote. refreshed browser and now all good.

Just had this happen in chill out room. Wanted to quote a post to reply but just sent me to the top of the page instead. But now working obviously??? Using latest Firefox on latest (up to date) iMac

12 minutes ago, blybo said:

Just had this happen in chill out room. Wanted to quote a post to reply but just sent me to the top of the page instead. But now working obviously??? Using latest Firefox on latest (up to date) iMac

yep thats exactly it. mine was on safari ....

bensl   
22 hours ago, shaky said:

Marc,

Using safari on iPhone can't use the search function from pretty much anywhere except the forum home page. And even then mostly it's unresponsive. I've managed to get it to work only twice since I first noticed this, this morning. Unread items icon and account ines on either side work fine from any page in the forum. 

Cheers,

Tim

Same for me. The search button doesn't work for me. 

Marc   

OK that sounds pretty isolated to that browser and resolution, so I should be able to hone in on that one.

hi marc. I've had the quote button sending me to top of page yesterday evening as well.

also had before where couldnt quote at all. in both cases a page refresh seems to sort it

note we seem to have lost the Nickname feature... i.e. you used to be able to click on someones handle and quote nickname would pop up. now have to use the @Marc typing name in manually...