Denon AV Owners Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there priced at 7000 euroes each

Very nice FRANIN; I notice the power amp has isolated windings coming off the monoblock transformers-not cheap :blink: Looks like another 2 channel amp is needed with the 5 ch pictured.

Very nice FRANIN; I notice the power amp has isolated windings coming off the monoblock transformers-not cheap :blink: Looks like another 2 channel amp is needed with the 5 ch pictured.

it will be a very expenssive outlay.The pre-amp might just do me!

features look great, although im not sure im sold Denon's new design.

i shudder to think what it will cost if/when it makes it here.....

hopefully the first of many new pre-pro's to come.

I want the AVP-A1HD!!! it looks awsome...v1.3 HDMI supported, all the latest HD sound formats, ethernet, looks like it has onboard video scaling as well (by DVDO??). At 7000 Euros it's a bargain, but needless to say the price here will be unrealistic so it looks like another overseas import job.

Anyone want to buy my Parasound Halo C2 AV controller and VP30/ABT102? It just goes to show how good value the AVP-A1HD is as my C2 costs that much (in Australia) and it doesn't do half the stuff the Denon does. Add the cost of the scaler to the C2 and you're looking at a no brainer for value for money with the Denon.

Edit: not available until October 2007

I want the AVP-A1HD!!! it looks awsome...

Agree with you there Brodric, certainly looks the goods. Am still curious to see what else comes out though...

One question, it looks like there is only XLR interconnects, is it possible to put an adaptor to change this to rca or one would need to upgrade to an XLR amp to make it work?

Agree with you there Brodric, certainly looks the goods. Am still curious to see what else comes out though...

One question, it looks like there is only XLR interconnects, is it possible to put an adaptor to change this to rca or one would need to upgrade to an XLR amp to make it work?

It should have seperate rca pre-outs.I will only get the pre-amp.The power amp looks good but i reckon it will be a backbreaker.

Excellent... so when should I start looking to buy this thing??

It's being released to the market in October. I'll be looking out for it on pricejapan, or it might be worthwhile a special trip to Hong Kong if this thing weighs in at under 32kg.

FRANIN; must be right about the rca's Gino ; two of the XLR'S were labelled sw [subwoofer] I think and 2 were to drive the inevitable back surround amp :P - If all amps are bridged :blink:

Beejay ; I think the pre has at least a reon chip;but probably has the top of the line realta ;like the 3930ci dvd player :P

edit ; I think your right beejay; I cant read German and when it said 5x500 watts into 4 ohms I didnt consider it was probably bridged :D

it will be a very expenssive outlay.The pre-amp might just do me!

I am also looking at it to replace my AVR-4806. The other contender is the AVR-5308Ci which I will use as a Preamp.

Here is some more info on the upcoming AVR units-

...Here's a BIG bone. First, with the models. The next CI series from Denon will incorperate the 2308, 2808, 3808, 4308 and 5308 models. The 4806CI has been replaced with the 5308CI and the 5805MKIICI has been replaced with a preamp model AVP-A1HDCI and a power amp to be named later. With the exception of the separates, we should be seeing these models by August. Power output goes from 100-150wpc and weight hasnt changed much, so Denon must think they have a good handle on the power aspect, also. All except the 2308CI will incorperate loseless audio decoding in the amp via HDMI. All versions will have the other benefits of HDMI v.1.3 but the 2308 will not have the auto lip sync. All will have 6 or 8 position Audyssey Cal System and the 3808 and above will have Audyssey PRO which will calibrate up to 32 acoustic postions and HAS to be done by a Denon certified installer in your area. They have a compressed audio restorer which is supposed to make music on your iPod sound a lot better. By the way, for you iPod fanatics, the Denon dock goes wireless with these. 1080P scaling in ALL of them, lower 4 from Faroudja and 5308 from Silicon Optix. New graphic user interfaces on upper 3. Thats all for now. If youd like to know more specifics, get with me on a one on one basis and I can answer your questions. PEACE!

Mmmm :D

Put me down for one from HK at the end of the year :blink:

Great find!

THX Ultra 2

6 HDMI 1.3 in, 2 out - xxyycc colour support and autp lip synch support

Full Dolby Tru HD and DTS HD support

Denon Link 3

SO HQV video processing

Audyssey Room Correction

9 Balanced Outputs (7.1 + 2 additional subs - interchangeable for zone 2 I expect)

Stereo Balanced Input

2 XLR Digital Inputs

4 Coax and 4 Optical Inputs

4 Optical outputs for other zones

Wireless and RJ45 audio streaming

4 Trigger Outputs

2 RS232 connections

Denon Control Link

Ipod Dock Support

Analog to HDMI Conversion and upscaling to 1080p

FLAC/WMA lossless

Windows Media PlaysForSure

HD Radio/XM/AM/FM (independent/simultaneous multi-zone capable)

Multi Channel Zone 2 Output for dual surround zones

Zone 4 Digital Audio

Simply HD Certified silicon image approves connectivity and operability

Remote maintenance program

http://www.absolutegadget.com/index2.php?o...df=1&id=496

Mmmm :P

Put me down for one from HK at the end of the year :P

Great find!

http://www.absolutegadget.com/index2.php?o...df=1&id=496

Thanks Norpus;I liked the quote where denon said it would introduce new HD technologies in a format neutral way :P Could they be hinting at a blu/hd dvd hybrid player or just dts hd/dd truehd decoders? :D

I hope they do the right thing and sell the pre pro seperately :blink:

I hope they do the right thing and sell the pre pro seperately :blink:

We already know that the pre-pro is being sold separately, it's slated as being available in October! I just hope they build a new-gen universal player with the high-end HD decoding on-board, so those like me with high-end old gen AV controllers can take full benefit of the latest technology without having to fork out the big $$$ for a do-all new pre-pro.

We already know that the pre-pro is being sold separately, it's slated as being available in October! I just hope they build a new-gen universal player with the high-end HD decoding on-board, so those like me with high-end old gen AV controllers can take full benefit of the latest technology without having to fork out the big $$$ for a do-all new pre-pro.

I am old enough to remember Denon's last pre pro/power amp combo beejay and they forced you to pay for both .Take your word for it though :blink: Dont knock good news.I too hope for a 8 ch analog output player as Ime in the same boat as you :D

I am old enough to remember Denon's last pre pro/power amp combo beejay and they forced you to pay for both .Take your word for it though :P Dont knock good news.I too hope for a 8 ch analog output player as Ime in the same boat as you :P

Old enough to remember and old enough to have owned one :blink: AVP-AI and POA-T2 + T3 Amplifiers... still got the T3 (plus a couple extras for good measure) hmmm, Denon pre/pro...those were the days :D

Cheers,

Curious

Old enough to remember and old enough to have owned one :blink: AVP-AI and POA-T2 + T3 Amplifiers... still got the T3 (plus a couple extras for good measure) hmmm, Denon pre/pro...those were the days :P

Cheers,

Curious

Boy Curious;All I could afford then was a onkyo tx sr 674 :D