my brain already hurts

Hullo Pharaoh Phrog Cam and welcome. :)

Yes, that was me in 2013, I empathise. It will be as expensive a roller coaster as you let it be (and it doesn't have to be) but when you start to kick a goal in whatever direction suits you, you will be amazed at the sound quality you will start to produce.

...and don't let anyone tell you the 'right' way, only listen to your ears, if you know what I mean, haha.

I have tried a few things, haven't tried vinyl or valves and not interested in those but have tried other stuff, am no expert (I think the DIY crowd would know a lot methinks, I am not one of those) but am always open for a PM chat if you like.

Like the gents above are alluding to, I am not sure you ever really settle on one set up, you will get to 95% and then maybe tinker now and then when it suits, same as any hobby.

Another good lesson the SNA geeks here have taught me (and I have found out myself) is the law of diminishing returns.

Daz

• Like 1

@Heifetz

Hi there,

I wanted to get started on analogue, I picked up a rega rp 1 a couple weeks ago for 200$, I have a lot of vinyls from my parents, grandparents ect that Id been keeping in the attic which just seemed a waste. It would also be nice for someone to enjoy them again and build on their collection.

What music do I like? I have trouble narrowing, I only recently started listening regularly again this year

cam

Once you get set up, you may consider a method of cleaning the vinyls - they may have collected a bit of dust etc.

You do not not need to spend much on a cleaning method but a little time and attention will pay off on ensuring the vinyl     is in its best condition for good sound quality.