Won't be buying Plinius again.

4 minutes ago, Reverend Johnny Heathen said:

I'd be surprised if Plinius didn't come to the party. Obviously they have more of a following here (nz) than in oz, but I've not heard  a bad word about their service and back up. Quite the contrary. Good luck.

I said that earlier. Backup from Un Zud is excellent. Not so much from their Australian distributors. YMMV. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I said that earlier. Backup from Un Zud is excellent. Not so much from their Australian distributors. YMMV. 

Just had a look. The distributors look like they are more into semi pro A/V installation then HiFi.

50 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

Just had a look. The distributors look like they are more into semi pro A/V installation then HiFi.

That should not matter. They import a product, they need to provide adequate spare parts support. I found their support less than stellar. OTOH, the response from Un Zud was superb. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bzr said:

Second hand, about twelve months ago.......If it's under warranty, your lucky day & good for you for sticking to your guns. On the other hand if you haven't got a leg to stand on here & are crying wolf on a forum to get noticed shame on you. So which one is it Blake, as hi-end does not mean unbreakable & you can't expect a company to give out a life time guaranty to all disgruntled customers. Interested to hear if you have validity here.

Why would I be crying wolf? I'm just saying how it is. I've had a lot of problems and won't be buying Plinius again. Maybe one issue could be excused. But four? Not good enough in my books for a high end product.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I've serviced a few Plinius products over the years. Plinius in NZ are excellent to deal with. I won't try to deal with the local representatives again.

23 hours ago, blakey72 said:

I bought them second hand but still. They were very well looked after by another SNA member.

11 hours ago, bzr said:

Second hand, about twelve months ago.......If it's under warranty, your lucky day & good for you for sticking to your guns. On the other hand if you haven't got a leg to stand on here & are crying wolf on a forum to get noticed shame on you. So which one is it Blake, as hi-end does not mean unbreakable & you can't expect a company to give out a life time guaranty to all disgruntled customers. Interested to hear if you have validity here.

2 hours ago, Reverend Johnny Heathen said:

I'd be surprised if Plinius didn't come to the party. Obviously they have more of a following here (nz) than in oz, but I've not heard  a bad word about their service and back up. Quite the contrary. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Plinius are excellent to deal with here in NZ. I've had a few dealings with them re:questions about Jarrah phono and amp and got great response from Adrian Moody.

Shame whomever you dealt with in Oz has let you down.

2 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

That should not matter. They import a product, they need to provide adequate spare parts support. I found their support less than stellar. OTOH, the response from Un Zud was superb. 

They apparently werent that interested when my mine pop, but that was from the "repairers" over east 

I see your point and I have had previous dealings and found them excellent. I told them I only used its balanced ins/ outs and requested they really give it a thorough going over. If a $90.00 service is plugging in a CD player to two pairs of inputs connecting it to a power amp I might throw out a shingle tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, DEANO23 said:

Anyone a techie in Melbourne you would trust to fix an Aure KXe5 mp preamp. I took it to one paid $ 90.00 all good , got it back , yep same buzz crosstalk from other inputs . Apparently they played a few songs threw it's single ended inputs / outputs and thought it was great.
When I asked did they check the balanced inputs outputs nup, didn't have any they could connect to it.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

Lol I had that when I took my Yamaha sacd player to the nominated repairer, " did you bring a sacd so we can test it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blakey72 said:

Why would I be crying wolf? I'm just saying how it is. I've had a lot of problems and won't be buying Plinius again. Maybe one issue could be excused. But four? Not good enough in my books for a high end product.

Try answering the question. Is it still under warranty? Do Plinius transfer warranty from the original buyer to the second buyer? Have you had anyone else apart from Plinius fix a problem with the component? If you answer yes to any of these questions then the responsibility is not with Plinius to fix it. How old is it? If you are the registered buyer you have a valid point. If not, you are using this forum to slander Plinius. I've owned quite a bit of their past gear, never had a problem but that was with Peter Thomson was still involved in the company back when most blokes had engine oil in a milk bottle in the shed somewhere.

VW & Toyota are just two of the worlds major companies to have had to recall products en mass in recent years. Imagine if all VW & Toyota (I own both) owners swore off their products for life as a result... Closer to home, I think Cambridge Audio had a major line with major flaws recently. Takamine guitars had a batch of bad necks. The list goes on. This is one product, second hand. Talk to Plinius - the evidence suggests you are just unlucky. Again, good luck getting it sorted.

9 hours ago, bzr said:

Try answering the question. Is it still under warranty? Do Plinius transfer warranty from the original buyer to the second buyer? Have you had anyone else apart from Plinius fix a problem with the component? 

No idea if it's still under warranty. Plinius repairers have done all the repairs. I realize it's not their responsibility to fix it. You're missing the point. I'm not happy with their product and I won't buy their product again. Read the title. It's not "Plinius won't repair my out of warranty cd player". 

I'm not crying wolf and I'm not wanting sympathy. I'm saying what happened and that I won't deal with them again.

14 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

12 hours ago, blakey72 said:

I had the amp fixed here in Australia and the service was horrible. Took about 4 months. Every time I rung the tech no one answered.

On 2017-7-17 at 9:10 PM, blakey72 said:

Yeah I told them they should pay the postage to NZ and fix it themselves.

On 2017-7-17 at 9:13 PM, blakey72 said:

I bought them second hand but still. They were very well looked after by another SNA member.

I'm sorry, did you mumble something [emoji6]

I read his initial post and saw no mention of asking for repairs from plinius.

And that's your best response? Mumble? Try something savvier next time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

I read his initial post and saw no mention of asking for repairs from plinius.

And that's your best response? Mumble? Try something savvier next time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit hard with responses like this happy, you savvy huh!

2 minutes ago, bzr said:

Bit hard with responses like this happy, you savvy huh!

Wow get worked up over a simple question right from the morning eh. Relax and have some more sleep maybe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Didnt use that as an excuse for them. I used the word "More" to represent what they were into.

8 hours ago, Happy said:

Wow get worked up over a simple question right from the morning eh. Relax and have some more sleep maybe.

Mate, you are far from working me up. 

Back to the topic.

I think the OP is entitled to have a gripe with regards to the equipment.

Plinius command decent second hand prices let alone buying new. You would expect better then average performance and longevity from it.

It's unlucky to have two pieces of equipment have issues but anyone on the forum would have a sour taste in their mouth if it happened to them. It's easy to point the finger when it's not happening to you.

• Like 4

Back to the topic.

Plinius command decent second hand prices let alone buying new. You would expect better then average performance and longevity from it.

It's unlucky to have two pieces of equipment have issues but anyone on the forum would have a sour taste in their mouth if it happened to them. It's easy to point the finger when it's not happening to you.

Yup we're not talking about 30 y.o. vintage gear here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mungbean66 said:

Back to the topic.

Would it be prudent to go back to the seller of these products to Blake & ask if they could refund or at the very least pay for his repair bills?

I don't think the thread was created for that purpose. Most likely, it was created to generate some discussion and see if it was normal for Plinius products to have failures and/or let off some steam.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk