Foobar or Musicbee

Hi there,

looking for a good audio program for my pc to hold all my music which one is better to use? Foobar or musicbee - I've heard some good some bad things about both.

or is there any other options I can look at? 

Thanks for any help

Been using Foobar2000 for more than 5 years. Good to have the power and flexibility to do many things but can take some time to learn and customise.  A few months  ago, discovered that Logitech Media Server and its players eg SqueezeLite provide better audio quaility (both via a dac).  However, have since moved off a PC and now using a network player (Sotm SMS-200) which has taken the music to a different level.  Still using Foobar2000 to manage files, metadata but not as a player.

Tried Musicbee long time ago, but audio then was poorer than Foobar2000.

• Like 1

I have used Musicbee for a couple of years. Was happy with it til I purchased an Audioquest Dragonfly Red USB DAC and had issues with Musicbee so installed Foobar2000 as well. Recently Musicbee came out with a Beta version 3.1xxx which addressed the  Dragonfly Red issues ( stuttering sound with WASAPI).

Now have both installed. Musicbee seems better looking with Foobar2000 a little more spartan looking. Both have many options but seem to work fine side by side.

• 1 month later...

I have been using Musicbee to rip all my own CD's into FLAC files and put them onto my Windows 7 Laptop. I have found it excellent for that purpose but I cant seem to get it to play along nicely when I sync the files to my portable player ( an Oppo F1 Mobile Phone). I have trouble adding and deleting files.Specifically I just cannot find a way of choosing whether files go to either the internal memory or the Micro SD card. Obviously there is a way of doing this but it is beyond me to work it out. Using Windows Media Player it is easy. Any ideas?

Just to throw a spanner in the works, I use MediaMonkey Gold (paid version). I don't (very rarely) use it to play music though, even though it is capable of that. I stream my files either from a network drive, or from a HDD attached to a Raspberry Pi. Mainly I use it to manage my library, tagging and organising files. It works very well, and has various plugins to make managing a sizable (over 3,100 albums; 44,995 tracks) library very easy and quite quick.

It can also rip your music, however, I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC) to rip, which is excellent at doing that job.