Time to finalise?

nzlowie

3 hours ago, zog said:

You need to redo the alligator clips with monster cable (tm)

Do not listen to this ill inform suggestion.

Alligator clips form a part of this fine setup which you no doubt evaluated in this form and simply should be retained to avoid any SQ degradation.

In fact the blue wire in the first picture which had been soldered should be replaced with yet another alligator.

Your notion of of boxing it up, is also ill conceived and born in haste. I have seen in the past many crossovers in this form and they served their purpose well into the time of  abandoning of DIY projects altogether.

Some boutique speaker manufacturers only put their xovers into enclosures a day prior to delivery to customers.

• Like 2

The blue wire is on there as I ran out of alligator clips!
I know I need to box this up but I'm scared I'll change something along the way and loose some of its magic.....

The wife can't figure my listening at the moment, for the last week or so I've just been surfing my collection and just playing the odd track or part of the track just to re-learn how good some do sound.
"Why don't you play the whole album"??????.
Hearing a lot of them for what seems like the first time.... And loving it!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, rockeater said:

Do not listen to this ill inform suggestion.

Alligator clips form a part of this fine setup which you no doubt evaluated in this form and simply should be retained to avoid any SQ degradation.

No, perhaps what I was suggesting wasn't clear... I wasn't saying get rid of the alligator clips, but remake them with different cable.

I've been "evaluating" some super tweeters in my loungeroom setup for probably a year now... they are still sitting on top of the boxes connected via caps and alligator leads :-)

18 hours ago, nzlowie said:

I know I need to box this up but I'm scared I'll change something along the way and loose some of its magic.....

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :-)

More seriously, you own a DATS or another tool to graph the impedance curve? You could do a before & after measurement which could be interesting, and it would help quantify any perceived changes.

Regards,

SS

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :-)

More seriously, you own a DATS or another tool to graph the impedance curve? You could do a before & after measurement which could be interesting, and it would help quantify any perceived changes.

Regards,

SS

No don't have DATS to measure impedance, have read you can do it with REW but never tried it.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My econowave Xovers in the tuning phase, a couple of years ago.. though I later spoiled the magic by assembling them into the PCBs seen at the bottom.

IMG_2629.JPG

Edited by zog