WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: FS: Artisan Archates Turntable

Item: Artisa Archates Turntable in Porsche Black
Price: $12000 neg
Item Condition: As new. Less than 300 hrs and 2 years old.
Reason for selling: moving
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal if buyer pays fee, COD Only
Extra Info:

RRP USD$20k plus shipping etc etc etc

Will accept AUD$12000.00 (USD$8900) for quick sale. Trade ins maybe considered.

Also available with additional Arms/Cartridges mentioned below, by negotiation.

Offering a balance of musicality, drive and resolution rarely achieved in analog front ends costing twice the price, the Achates idler drive is simply a world class analog front end, by any standard.

This is not a dealer product so there are no discounts when you purchase - you have to place an order and wait for it to be made by the manufacture - Artisan Fidelity.

Inspection and Auditions in Sydney Australia are encouraged and questions are always welcomed.

Sale price includes the following:

Artisan Archates Turntable with manuals, original crates and packaging.

Approx 300 hours. Nearly 2 years old.

Available at additional cost/by negotiation are the following

Viv Labs Tonearm (9”)

My Sonic Labs Hyper Eminent cart (Described by Harry Pearson as “ The finest moving coil”)

FR 64 as new (very little use, 90% of life in storage)

Zu modified Denon DL 103 Approx. 40 hours

Can demonstrate working with all the above.

Michael Fremer described this Turntable as “Best Sound at 2015 HiFi Show”.

The Sound

The sound of this table is in many ways very different to what you might imagine. During my listening, it was connected via a modified PS Audio Phono Stage, into a McIntosh Preamplifier and both 6BM8 (8w) & 13E1 (35w) valve mono-blocks (by Elson Silva of Cymer Amplifier fame) and then into a beautiful pair of AUD$16000.00 Voxative Zeth Speakers http://www.voxativ.com/en/loudspeakers/zeth/

If I had to characterize the sound in a few words, it would be as follows; “Some systems draw you in immediately – others you have to analyze first, before you can then allow emotions to take over. The Artisan/Voxativ combination had me within the first few notes. Effortless, transparent, dynamic, natural, tuneful, immediate etc blah, blah, blah - all those “audiophile superlatives we're all so tired of just came and went in my mind. I was simply “there” in the performance. I drifted off with the sound I was hearing. Not tired or weary, but in that elusive “zone” that we all try so very hard to create with our systems. This is one of the very few combinations that made me forget the equipment I was listening too. Hell, I'd almost forgotten my own name after 10 mins !
So, those are my impressions. Your mileage will vary I'm sure, but I've heard literally 100's of systems over the last 35 years in this hobby. My opinion, for what its worth, is that this Turntable (if its in your price range) would be the basis (or addition to) a world class music reproduction system that would be matched by very few, and outclassed by even fewer”

Here's a professional reviewers opinion...

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/artisan-fidelity-turntables-drew-me-sound-made-me-stay#xKoMARHgLzXp3pEu.97

Item Description from Artisan Fidelity;

Continuing research and development over the course of past years in hopes to further enhance any hidden playback potential of the Achates idler drive platform has resulted in the debut of the worlds first modular inverted bearing and platter system based on the venerable Swiss Lenco idler drive geometry. Essentially, this inverted bearing system enables the Achates playback characteristics to achieve levels of fidelity previously thought unobtainable. Enhancements easily heard include: vastly lower background noise levels, improved left/right channel separation, increased resolution and improved speed stability. Additionally, this modular inverted design allows for interchangeable upper platter material selection, enabling the user to select a record material interface which suits their own individual tonal and to an extent, playback preferences. Modular upper material selections include: Pure Copper, 7075 T-6 Aluminum, Magnesium*, Stainless Steel 316 series. 240v/50Hz Australian 
Pictures:

IMG_6074.JPG

IMG_6075.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

IMG_6077.JPG

IMG_6078.JPG

IMG_6079.JPG

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPG

IMG_6082.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...