FS: Bowers & Wilkins 802 Diamonds. Piano Black

SOLD

Item: Bowers & Wilkins 802 Diamonds (D2 series).  Piano black  
Price: $14,000.   Serious offers only will be considered.  Please do not lowball me.    Will make a Stereonet donation post sale.
Item Condition: Exceptional.  Rating at 9/10, as they are second hand.  They sound superb and look sensational in Piano Black.  Cosmetically will suite someone looking for as new condition.  No paintwork damage that I can see.
Reason for selling: Now have 802 D3s in the house.  
Payment Method: Cash on pickup.  Paypal at buyers cost. No cheques.  
Extra Info: I personally love the B&W sound and have hugely enjoyed the 802 Diamonds.  I believe excellent buying at this price, as the new 802 D3 series lists at $35,900. Have original packaging, so theoretically could be shipped, though my strongest preference is for a buyer who will come and inspect and listen to them, and then arrange local transit.  

Pictures:

IMG_3596.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

• Like 5

Serious money but a Serious pair of speakers 

As the late great Henry Ford said .."Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."

..................................................Black it is :thumb:..........................................................GLWS ......................................

21 minutes ago, slawrence436 said:

@DamoNg....i feel your pain. Just gone through that...3 implants.
And yes was enough to buy these instead

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do it overseas...

Edited by Brain Amp
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the comments guys.  It has been fun

I would be very happy with a nice shiny black model T.

I do love my wood finishes.  On the 800 series though, I love the all black integrated look with the midrange and tweeter.

On sound differences, my room makes it difficult to set up side by side, and the 802 Diamonds are currently spiked, which makes them difficult to move.

I heard the 802 D3s in the US, running off some Mac 601s, with relatively cheap vinyl and digital sources.  Net net was that my setup with the 802 Diamonds in my room sounded better than the D3s.

So going from D2 to D3 is currently it is a leap of faith, based on the reviews I have read.

@DamoNG, good luck with the teeth.  the evidence from Japan is that we live longer with good teeth.

• Like 5

Hi Steve, 

I have the 802d3 with 601s. Haven't heard the d2s but I think you will not regret your choice. I listen my combo every night and love it. 

Great low detailed bass and crisp extended highs. Beautiful midrange. 

I find classe house sound a bit clinical though. Too clean and perhaps even thin so not sure how it will pair with d3s. 

What colour did you buy? 

Glwts. 

Hi exSG,

Would love to come and hear your 802 D3s with the 601s.  Have family in Perth, so maybe one day.

On colour, the D3s are black......  Love it.  Only colour for me.  It is a very personal thing.

The Classe sound is very clean.  I am running a Linn LP12 and Linn DS as my sources, and feel synergy is well balanced for my listening preference.  Source content, be in vinyl or digital, is a key determining factor to overall synergy.

If you are over this way, would like to host you for a music afternoon.

Cheers

2 hours ago, DamoNg said:

I would rather implant a 802d on my left and right jaw instead.  Forget about living long, I rather die happy.

You could always show the ad to your dentist, maybe they're a B&W fan too?