The Power Line Conditioner Thread

I owned a xf1000 before and when I sold it abt a year later after I purchased it, it went for under $80. All the white power sockets cracked and some bits broke off...talk abt quality. :P It was subsequently replaced with a furutech e-tp80 which I still own for use with my ht set, and the difference was night and day between the two.

It is through that experience that I never touched anything from Xindak again.

How much is the furutech e-tp80?

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably better than a xindak:

http://www.hifi.com.sg/bargain/sview.asp?id=548

Might be but please check the age of this product. The last time I bought a Castle conditioner exactly like the one in the picture on the URL was something like 15 years ago when they were sold by Kingsley. At that time no hydra, furutech, oyaide, acoustic revive yet. It was either that, Chang Lightspeed or the then very expensive Aural Symphonics power distributor  ;D

Believe me, IMO the G&W T1000 conditioner is a much better buy in terms of performance and pricing......... :D

yes it is better. even better after i change out the Stock R301 socket to IeGO gold plate copper R301. heheh. inside it was very good solid cables. :)

Stock R301 socket pins

[glow=black,2,300]IeGO R301 24k Gold plated pure copper pins[/glow]

Can't really remember, think 700-800 dollars. Can enquire at musiclink. A friend replaced his for his hifi setup with a Oyaide MTB-6 power strip and is happy with the improvement.

MTB-6 is like 900, the Furutech is 825.

MTB-6 is like 900, the Furutech is 825.

Well, to help you make up your mind, my friend sold his furutech very quickly after getting the mtb-6 and trying it out, even before it was fully broken-in. I guess for hifi application, it is worth the money. For me, using for ht, the furutech was okay. Even when I had for hifi, it was okay for its price point. I've never tried the mtb-6 though.

Guest francis woo

yes it is better. even better after i change out the Stock R301 socket to IeGO gold plate copper R301. heheh. inside it was very good solid cables. :)

Stock R301 socket pins

[glow=black,2,300]IeGO R301 24k Gold plated pure copper pins[/glow]

Sure or not!!.......... :D

Well, to help you make up your mind, my friend sold his furutech very quickly after getting the mtb-6 and trying it out, even before it was fully broken-in. I guess for hifi application, it is worth the money. For me, using for ht, the furutech was okay. Even when I had for hifi, it was okay for its price point. I've never tried the mtb-6 though.

There's also the cheaper MTS-6 option..  ;D

Think that one retails for 300.

if anyone is keen i have a brand new set of black XF-1000 still in the box going for S$170. selling at cost because a friend bought the wrong one from hong kong for me. i do not know the local price for this item. so please advise

Bro just opened up the box. Does not look brand new to me. There's a lot of dust on the main power cable...

I think you should check with your friend...

DJQ! I also want! :)

Anyway, plugged in the (slightly used) Xindak into the setup. Didn't use the bundled (dusty) power cord, cos it was US plug so had to use a normal UK plug to the wall. Still using bundled powercords to power up the rest of my gear for now until I meet DJQ next week.

I can't say there's a noticeable change immediately but the more I listened, the more I thought the vocals became a bit more recessed but still clear and distinct. This isn't a bad thing because it allowed more of the details to come through. The bass metal woofer drivers are a real pain to run in though.. but I remember reading the CS2.4s tend to be that way initially. I think maybe I need to run in with some Daft Punk ;)

Ha, Doggie, you got the Xindak? You just 10 minutes faster than me  :'(

But as it turned out I got 2 "hospital cords" from terry. met him at Bugis at 2pm so I think may have just missed you. Anyway, the power cords were terminated with our normal plugs which could go into my Tacima power distributor. So, as it turned out, it is a temporary ideal solution for me  ;D

I aslo missed the 1000ES sold in echoloft, again by about 5-10 minutes. Probably fated not to get one...!

Maybe u can made do with your current config for a while, and save up to get a good conditioner or distributor.  The Xindak may be too incremental in terms of delivering any sonic difference.

ya, no more changes for now. quite happy for the moment, just let everything run in.

BTW, since this thread is about power supply, could I ask, is there any way I could tighten the socket connection at the component? Both stock powercord and hospital cord feels a little loose. Or is it meant to be that way?

the connection to my oyaide MTB-6 (power distributor) is also not a tight fit.. but i guess it's ok cos the set up isn't suppose to move around.  it's supposed to just lie in rest so that connection shouldn't be affected bah.

the connection to my oyaide MTB-6 (power distributor) is also not a tight fit.. but i guess it's ok cos the set up isn't suppose to move around.  it's supposed to just lie in rest so that connection shouldn't be affected bah.

So how's your mtb-6 sounding to you, raw out of the box? I think it's going to need a good 200hrs to break-in nicely.

Are you referring to the IEC inlet on the MTB6?

This consists of 3 protruding male pins and provide no grip, so don't blame the MTB6  ;)

The grip actually comes from the female anatomy (the same in actual biology  ;D ), ie the power cord IEC connector, where there are 3 spring clips (like below) to grip on the male pins

So if you really want it tight, just change the IEC connector of your power cord that leads into the MTB6 IEC inlet to an Oyaide one which are very tight (which on the other hands lead to other complaints of gouging the surface :D ). This is assuming your current power cord is not using the Oyaide connectors.

So how's your mtb-6 sounding to you, raw out of the box? I think it's going to need a good 200hrs to break-in nicely.

It's far off from 200 hrs.. first impressions is that it makes the system v quiet.. maybe later can discern the impact on sound.

first impressions is that it makes the system v quiet

Indeed. When I first plugged all my equipments to a MTB-4 with R1 receptacles, I had the same observation. Now mine is more than many times the 200-hour mark, basically I have 'forgotten' about its existence.  ;D

Also the Japanese workmanship quality is 2 thumbs up !

Just a happy user here. ymmv.

Cheers,

DJQ! I also want! :)

Anyway, plugged in the (slightly used) Xindak into the setup. Didn't use the bundled (dusty) power cord, cos it was US plug so had to use a normal UK plug to the wall. Still using bundled powercords to power up the rest of my gear for now until I meet DJQ next week.

I can't say there's a noticeable change immediately but the more I listened, the more I thought the vocals became a bit more recessed but still clear and distinct. This isn't a bad thing because it allowed more of the details to come through. The bass metal woofer drivers are a real pain to run in though.. but I remember reading the CS2.4s tend to be that way initially. I think maybe I need to run in with some Daft Punk ;)

huh!?! you also wanna change the stock xindak R301s? but i remember the xindak version R301 comes with built-in protection fuse. so cannot change.

yeah heard from Audio saying thiels run-in hours much much longer.