Hulgich Audio Social GTG - Sunbury - Friday 21st July

Marc

Being a late comer, I missed the Saturday night fever disco experience...damn.

Thanks for a great night Marc. Was good to meet some new faces and catch up with some old ones, not saying your face is old at all Red....:)

@Zen Mister You are right about Australian made speakers, the HA speakers are a great example.

• Thanks 1

Had a wonderful night on Friday. Thank you very much Marc and Vanessa for opening your lovely home to us. 

As usual it was great to catch up with the other SNA members. Proud to be a part of the community. We are a Handsome bunch.

Big shout out to Nick for designing some very nice speakers and bringing them over from Adelaide. The speakers look and feel authoritative with excellent control over the music. Play well soft and more than ready to rock when allowed. Looking forward to hearing them again in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator

Well as perhaps noted by my absence of a reply, I spent the best part of the weekend in bed recovering.

Thanks for a great night all - we certainly enjoyed it and look forward to catching up again soon.

Big thanks to @HA_Nick for making the trip, supplying the wine and his fantastic creations.

• Like 1

As usual, a big thankyou to Vanessa for putting up with us trampsing through her Family home.

Many thanks to Nick to for making the effort for the trip to demo his babies.  He was very approachable and answered all our many and varied questions in the kitchen, from his preferred design parameters to how he arrives at the final voicing of his designs and everything in between.

While most were gorging themselves on the kabab minifest in the living area, I snuck off to the vacant music room and had 15 minutes of uninterupped listening/ review/ tear it apart time.  Some 'Elephant Walk' with Henry Mancini, through several other tracks to "The Sulkie From Skulkerrie", an old Norwegian folk tale sung by June Tabor from the album 'Ashore'.

WOW!  The soundstage with June's vocals, the timbral quality in her vocals, the emotion in the music - just fabulous!  There were a lot of things that these bigger speakers did (sorry, I have no idea what model names were!) that I really liked and they had great sonic appeal.  As most that know me would vouch, it's rare that I ever like anything.  These were quite the exception.

And thanks to Marc for finally showing me how to successfully fill in the feedback for the Classifieds.

@Joz and I were amazed that our ears actually survived the return journey with @evilc in the backseat.  Miracles sometimes happen!   After dropping off all the freeloaders, I finally crawled into my bed a little after 3am.

An excellent evening!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Late to posting on one of the most enjoyable GTG's of the Year! 

Few random pics I fired off during the evening, regrettably little scandalous wise happened, everyone was on their best behavior around our illustrious leader ! :unsure:

Here we see several of the guests partaking of the yummy kebabs with delicious fluffy rolls.

L to R  @HA_Nick @Marc @Black Orange @Spyne and @coffeemachinist 

feasting_195233.thumb.jpg.54811f3c45d4fe5a61bc095db0623a0e.jpg

How low can Billy go ?? :P

5977082920699_Zenlow_195422.thumb.jpg.827cb8009258765671f021159294aa7c.jpg

More food, I need more !! 

And the winner of the Hulgich speakers is, drum roll !!!

Evil !!:party

597709ac14160_andthewinneris1_200848.thumb.jpg.5aac2f4eb182a5b192cf2e8f39e8257c.jpg

@darth vader

20170721_221142.thumb.jpg.a5bd10ca216a7bcbfc29fe9400c97543.jpg

@joz and zen bonding or carousing or whispering sweet - - - - ;)

20170721_225317.thumb.jpg.252eb2cdab28e86c6ef9c9bb21a3fe9a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Strange that evil didn't mention his being beaten to the sweet spot in a short sprint. Definitely no reason to lack motivation so we can only conclude he lacks pace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Edited out pic of me tipping beer over an overlong sweet spot occupier - have to present myself in a good light occasionally! [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, evil c said:

And some of us have progressed beyond fruit juice too ! :P

Hah - my whisky collection would put most to shame! ;)

Glad it was a good night. It seems inconceivable to me that the average punter could hope to put together such a fine listening room; forget the equipment (which is outstanding) - the layout, acoustic treatments etc.... absolutely amazing! It embarrasses many of the dedicated rooms I've visited in HiFi stores! I guess there are probably some additional perks to being the head honcho of stereo.net apart from banning rogues like me!

Edited by Juicester
  • Like 3

• Administrator

I seem to be short a Sony E-mount camera lens that hasn't surfaced since the GTG.

If anyone has mistakenly picked this up with their kit, it would be great if you could check please.