• darth vader
  • ArtfullDodger
  • Black Orange
  • coffeemachinist
Definitely a full house!

Will PM address now to those above.

Hmmm seem to have forgotten someone! [emoji53]
Full house huh?
Well we'll have to cull someone - eeny meeny miny mo ,@frednork has to go ! [emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, evil c said:

Hmmm seem to have forgotten someone! emoji53.png
Full house huh?
Well we'll have to cull someone - eeny meeny miny mo ,@frednork has to go ! emoji51.png

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cant cull me, I was preculled by my better half earlier

I'm bringing a bag of cashews, some sort of vegetable straw thingies in a bag and 2l of moo juice for coffee.

I believe I am bringing Joz and Kunar too.

Detour via buddyev is cancelled, but still pulling off the Calder to catch up with Lovetube on the way up for 2 min.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I have the final list as:

• frednork
  • Max054
  • generichs
  • Sierra
  • Zen Mister
  • Red MacKay
  • joz
  • krebetman
  • jinxedloki
  • ~Spyne~
  • PleasantSounds
  • blybo
  • TheOrb
  • nonsynchro
  • Assisi
  • daviddsailor
  • darth vader
  • ArtfullDodger
  • Black Orange
  • coffeemachinist
  • evil_c

Definitely a full house!

Will PM address now to those above.

Dont forget the pics for we who cant be there    -   please !

• Like 1

Well after a much later night than I'm used to I have risen only a short while ago. I always eat to much and with nearly a buffet on hand I was out of control:oops: so suffered  a very sleepless night with horrible heart burn.

But thanks Marc and Nick for a great night listening to some lovely home grown speakers. A great sounding system with many of the local SNA faithful in attendance. 

Well done Nick with the floorstanders, great sound and build quality, hope to see you at the next Hi-Fi show when your back in town next.

• Like 3

A big thank you to Marc, Vanessa and Nicholas for hosting a wonderful evening.  That snap posted above is misleading: if you cast your gaze to the left, you can see Joz poised to neck a stubby. This was the only one he touched during the course of the evening, honestly.

Late comers missed the intense fifteen minutes of " frugging" to "Saturday Night Fever, with the full in-house disco lightshow. Respect to Marc, he knows how to shake that groove thang!

We had the opportunity to audition the larger of Nicholas' two speakers, ' THE ASTOR' and the stand mounted ' SERENADE'.

The Astors, a floor standing model displayed a very well calculated set of sonic virtues. Nicholas was very open and easy to chat with, explaining how important the actual ' listening' part of design was. We ran a range of music styles through them and they delivered them all with poise and grace. 

I would love to hear these on the end of a tube system.

The stand mounted ' SERENADE' model, was auditioned with a different power amp ( Marc, can you add the name, I struggle to recall it) which was a marvel of synchronicity - capturing the drive of the Keb Mo tracks, the timbral color, losing only a little of the soundstage depth. This may differ with more particular room placement, but with its front firing port, I would guess that one to two feet out from the back wall, and a three feet in from the side would really be cooking.

Australian made speakers in general are really special. Hulgich, on the evidence here, are right up there with the best.

Adam- sorry for the unfortunate creaming. Also, being pedantic , it is Nancy Sinatra singing " Bang Bang" - just saying.

Billy.

HUGO MONTENEGRO RULES!!!!!!

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1