Hulgich Audio Social GTG - Sunbury - Friday 21st July

Marc

• Administrator

It's been a long time between drinks and given there has been much interest in Hulgich Audio and being able to hear the Astors, I'm throwing my doors open for a GTG.

Nicholas Hulgich will be coming in from Adelaide to share the night with us.

You know the drill, it's informal, there will be some food (probably just Pizzas but more than enough for everyone), some beer and some wine. Anything out of the ordinary you're most welcome to BYO.

Nick may choose to say a few words, but's more about enjoying some great music, great company and having a good time with other enthusiasts who "get it".

I'd appreciate it if you brought along some nibbles (chips, dips, nuts, a dessert perhaps) for all to share.

I can accommodate a group of about 20 at best and all are welcome.

I'm located in Sunbury, about 12 mins past Tullamarine airport. Metro trains do run to Sunbury, and there is a bus from the station that stops directly outside my place.
I'll PM the address to those coming closer to the date.

Friday 21st July - Sunbury

Kick off officially from 7PM - but guests welcome from 5:30pm.

On hand will be the Hulgich Audio Astors, powered by AVM Ovation MA8.2 Monos, and source is TechDAS AirForce III, and a DIY Roon Endpoint via a EMM Labs DAC2X.

67__large_full.jpg

_dsc1834__large_full.jpg

You're welcome to bring along your own music. I can cater for vinyl, or full albums on USB or external hard drive (which I will load into Roon). No provision for CD sorry.

Any questions just ask, and new faces are most welcome.

• Like 6

• Administrator

I'm putting you on curfew @joz - is it only my GTGs that he is the last man standing?

The last few I've half expected him to just say, "It's OK, go to bed, I'll still be here when you wake up!" :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red MacKay said:

I'd like to come along for the listen.

Always good to catch up with a few other crazies too.

Perhaps I can get a lift with Red?

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

I'm putting you on curfew @joz - is it only my GTGs that he is the last man standing?

The last few I've half expected him to just say, "It's OK, go to bed, I'll still be here when you wake up!" :P

If we stay late I can blame Red:P

Wasn't my fault the last time.;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Marc said:

@evil c - consider this your personal invitation.

(I think I upset our social co-ordinator)

We all have our specialities Marc, like joz's penchant for perennial partying on ! ;)

As I have no official #designated status, I can hardly be officially miffed from any oversights !

now all I have to do is work out which party dress I'm going to wear ! (will consult with @Zen Mister) :party

# (please - no suggestions necessary)

• Like 1

Would love to hear these, wish I was closer.

Get in early for a budget flight to tulla and we'll pick you up from the airport.
Sure someone would have a spare bed to sweeten the deal , I've only got a couch if you're not fussy![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 hours ago, evil c said:

We all have our specialities Marc, like joz's penchant for perennial partying on ! ;)

As I have no official #designated status, I can hardly be officially miffed from any oversights !

now all I have to do is work out which party dress I'm going to wear ! (will consult with @Zen Mister) :party

# (please - no suggestions necessary)

Too late @evil c, you did ask.  

As an after- five event, something black and off the shoulder, with matching low sling backs is timeless and always appreciated.

Billy Gaultier.

Edited by Zen Mister
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Would love to hear these, wish I was closer.

Oops!  Apoligies Darren, I thought you were country Vic, my mistake.

@joz, I can chauffer you to sunny Sunbury if you desire.

But if we are the last two out, I'm going to blame you and you already have form.

• Like 2

• Administrator

I don't know @Red MacKay - your form is up there with @joz's anyway :)

I count 13 so far - so room for a couple more I would say.

As long as Nick doesn't mind - later in the night we may move the Astor's back and roll in the JBL K2 9900's for some fun as well.