WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: FS: PRIMARE 30.2 AMP Price Drop- now $1000

Item: Primare 30.2 amplifier
Price: $1100  $1000
Item Condition:  Excellent, not a mark anywhere!
Reason for selling:  Downsizing
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal to friends, DD
Extra Info:

Selling for a mate who is moving out of his apartment and back with his elderly Mum to look after her.

120w into 8 ohms, 200w into 4 ohms.  Has a sleek profile, this is not a rack monster!

Dual mono design and bridgeable for twice the power if you already own one of these units.

Has both XLR (balanced) and RCA (single ended) inputs.

Purchased brand new, one owner.  Works perfect, has performed perfectly since new.  Was used to power a pair of Sonus Faber Elektor Amators

A meaty, balanced sound with a nicely focused linearity, nothing wimpy with this unit and I am driving it with just a passive trannie as pre.

Comes with original box and all internal packaging.  Local pickup preferred of course, but I will post at cost.  It is quite heavy though!

I'm happy to demo at my place for serious buyers.  Cost $2800 when new

Pictures:

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3263.JPG

IMG_3259.JPG

IMG_3258.JPG

IMG_3260.JPG

Edited by Red MacKay
price drop
  • Like 1

Could you use this for front channels and bridge to a 5 channel version and use back 3 channels for ht so you would use two channels on this and first two channels on 5 channel as mono power and then last 3 as power so ht on receiver - Sounds confusing  just idea?

From the operators manual:

>It can internally be configured as a fully balanced mono power amplifier using either balanced (XLR) or unbalanced (RCA) inputs. In this mode the A30.2 is capable of delivering 1 x 380W into an 8ohm load.

I have not taken the lid off, but looking in with a torch I can see no switches or anything on this 30.2.  I'm thinking the outputs wiring would need to be reconfigured.  Certainly not the simple task like on my old Rotel BX980s.  Just flick the switch and the +wire on one of the +CH outputs and - speaker wire to the + output of the other ch.  Twice the distortion figures, but what's twice of 0.001%...

I imagine you would be able to wire the 30.5 the same.  If you were to go this path, I personally would bridge 4 channels of the 30.5 and use them for both front channels, leaving one channel for use on something else and leave the 30.2 as a normal two channels.

***I am NOT a tech though***

How much power do you need?  The 30.2s 120w was pretty grunty when I tried it!

I magine the 30.5 is identical, but 5 channels of it.

I say keep things simple and go for the 30.5 and be a very happy man!

11 minutes ago, Zardoz said:

Damn. I really wish this was in silver - I'd be all over it if it was!

Sorry Zardoz, but it's very traditional "Melbourne Black"!

Don't anyone go listening to that trouble making soundbyte charachter, this is a beautiful piece of kit.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...