FS: Vintage Rogers Studio 5 Stand-Mounts

Item: Pair Rogers Studio 5
Price: $650
Item Condition: Excellent for age
Reason for selling: Selling for Friend
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Offering these on Behalf of Owner - who purchased them new.

These are in outstanding condition for their vintage - see pics.

Disclosure:- the owner has supplied the following history:-   Owing to many house-moves, these speakers have spent occasional periods in storage, with outings in between. When they were unpacked for use at one stage, one speaker had a rattle. Accordingly it was referred to Hobart’s leading speaker repair service (AFA) who diagnosed a loose wire. However, he also discovered some mould inside the speakers as a result of their storage and for this to be cleaned / neutralised, the drivers had to be dismantled. Accordingly, both mid/woofer units have had new surrounds / suspensions installed as part of the process.  Other than the use of foam surrounds rather than the original rubberised material (the advice was that there would be no audible difference as both materials are very compliant), the drivers, crossovers, etc in the cabinets are original.

I have had these in my home to check that everything is as it should be and can report that they are in good working order.  Typical well-balanced, accurate, British sound, very neutral on vocals, excellent for all types of music (IMO). No honk, shout or brittle HF.

Each measures 44H x 24W x 24D and weighs 8.3 kgs. They can be packed securely for interstate shipping.

Examples of Studio 5 seem to be quite rare in the second-hand market generally – I’m not sure if this is because only a relatively few pairs were ever built or because owners hang onto them. 

There is also next to no information available online.

Serial Numbers 0056A and 0056B.

Can demo for locals.

Pictures:

DSCN1009_Reduced.JPG

DSCN1010.JPG

DSCN1011_Reduced.JPG

DSCN1012_Reduced.JPG

DSCN1014_Reduced.JPG

DSCN1015_Reduced.JPG

DSCN1016_Reduced.JPG

DSCN1017_Reduced.JPG

DSCN1025_Reduced.JPG