SonicArt

Tube Technology UNISIS power and SEAR Pre amps!

1 post in this topic

Item: TUBE TECHNOLOGY Unisis Power amp and SEAR Preamp
Price: $3500 & $1200
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: See description
Payment Method: Cash on Delivery
Extra Info:

Tube Technoloy UNISIS Power amp! A beautiful hand made in the UK Vacuum Tube power amp, the Unisis was a premium product from Tube Tech, featuring a quad of EL84's per channel driven by a 12AX7.
Tube Technology was imported by Acoustic Images back in the late 90's and this was one of the last amps sold. Back then the retail was almost 7k. I have had this amp since 1999 and it has been used sparingly, was in storage until 2005 due to living OS, then used on occasion until around 2011 as it was rotated with other amps.

Functionally the amp is perfect, it comes with the original Gold Aero EL84 tubes it was sold with, as well as a set of Russian 6n14p mil spec tubes which sound superb. Driver tubes are NOS Brimar UK made ECC83.
The amp has had upgrades over the years, all terminals are top of the range CARDAS Silver rhodium plated copper alloy, both the input RCA's and the binding posts. Internally the amps input and output wiring is Sonic Art SILVER LINE cable, the coupling caps are CARDAS Golden Ratio, a very expensive cap that is no longer made, bias circuits have Black Gate caps. As you can see in the photo the internals are perfect, like it was done in the factory. The UNISIS sounded extremely good out of the box, it is a sought after amp in the UK and hard to find these days, with the upgraded components the amp is superb, 35wpc from the EL84's is enough to drive most speakers.

Physical condition, everything is clean and undamaged, the only negative is the surface wear on the nickel plated chassis and transformer caps. This is unavoidable with designs like this, a good polish brings all the brass fittings and badging up nicely, and the chassis only has the first stages of pitting in the plating, very fine and purely cosmetic.
Why am I selling it? Its a reluctant decision but I haven't used it for the last 5 years and wont likely use it for another 10 due to small children!  The Mil Spec tubes have a couple hundred hours at the most on them, the Original Gold Aeros would have 1000h tops, maybe not even that.
While the amp is boxed in all its original packaging and very safe to transport I would rather sell it locally in Melbourne and deliver it knowing it arrives perfect.
I will only take cash on delivery for the amp. If you are interstate and have a genuine interest please msg me with a ph number so we can discuss it further.

SEAR Preamp is the Line stage pre with Russian 12AX7 tubes (might be able to dig out some NOS as well) and is in near spotless condition, casework is almost like new, all alloy casing with the brass front fittings and nameplate. Also upgraded with the same CARDAS Golden Ratio caps, and Silver Line wiring. A very nice pre that goes well with the UNISIS, I will do the two together for $4100.00 for anyone wanting a matched set of Tube Tech amps. Comes in its original box with all its packing, this is a piece of history here, awesome Pre and Power!

Pictures:

Unisis-5.jpg

Unisis-3.jpg

Unisis-4.jpg

Unisis-2.jpg

Unisis-1.jpg

SEAR-1.jpg

SEAR-2.jpg

1 person likes this