X Box one X 4k gaming

looks like microsoft are releasing the X box one X with 4k gaming, smallest ever

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/e3-2017-microsoft-announces-the-xbox-one-x-a-tiny-console-capable-of-4k-gaming-20170612-gwp608.html

does it play uhd blu-ray ? as that was key difference with the previous vs sony which was lost in wilderness...

looks like microsoft are releasing the X box one X with 4k gaming, smallest ever

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/e3-2017-microsoft-announces-the-xbox-one-x-a-tiny-console-capable-of-4k-gaming-20170612-gwp608.html

does it play uhd blu-ray ? as that was key difference with the previous vs sony which was lost in wilderness...

Does it do Dolby Atmos for Games and Movies?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Yes
www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one-x

I see Atmos mentioned too, though says Dolby 5.1 so not quite sure what to make of that

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One of the biggest omissions from the older consoles was the ability to do multi-screen gaming. 

I remember buying multiple copies of GT and Playstation 3s to play it in 3 screens. Just amazingly immersive. 

And for Forza 7 to really step up, it really needs to take advantage of motion simulators - like the NextLevel or Xbox 

http://www.nextlevelracing.com/products/next-level-racing-motion-platform-v3/

Motion-Platform-V3-5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the tech may be derived from PCs - but if developers optimise for it, you'd be amazed at what can be achieved if they just work at wringing the most out of the hardware - the Xbox 360 is an example. 

With PCs, developers get lazy and just leave the gamers to buy the next latest and greatest

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There was an update to XBS that added a system level option to output to Dolby Atmos free for an AVR and a 30-day trial for a headset version of the software. With it being a trail I assume you have to buy it. I have activated it yet as there isn't anything I want to play on XBS at the moment. It's not clear what it does to 5.1 games but I'd like to experiment with it once there is a game I have to play on XBS out.

Side note the Dolby Atmos demo app you can download will really test out your HDMI cable. I was using what I thought was a good cable but I kept getting audio drop outs during the forest demo. Funnily enough the $4 cable from Officeworks was flawless, but lets see for how long ;)

• 1 month later...

Sadly, the XBOX platform games are squarely aimed at the FPS kids. 

No Flight Sim!

No Platform!

We have the XBOX one and its ok,. but even forza 6 isn't exactly riveting. The next upgrade wont be until we get proper immersive VR -  want to do rock climbing in my lounge room and wet myself from the fear of heights. :)