FS: Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M Display

Item: Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M Display
Price: WAS $2350  NOW $1250
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Insanity?
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
Extra Info:

Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M Display for sale, very low usage hours.

Still widely regarded as one of the best displays ever made.

Sadly, as can be seen from the usage report, this doesn't get used nearly as often as it should, hence I am looking to move it on.

Interested parties should message me for further details.

Pictures:

pioneer_krp.jpg

Pioneer_KRP500M_Usage_highlighted.jpg

Edited by petem15

I have the last Panasonic plasma made and I love it but imho Panasonic never matched the sheer capabilities of the Pioneer plasma, For me this still pips the current oled panels for that sheer 'film look'. Keep it just for those movies shot on film.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _S_A_S_H_ said:

I have the last Panasonic plasma made and I love it but imho Panasonic never matched the sheer capabilities of the Pioneer plasma, For me this still pips the current oled panels for that sheer 'film look'. Keep it just for those movies shot on film.  

Panasonic actually took over the Pioneer factory. The VT series was built in the same calibre more-or-less to the Pioneers, at a lower cost.

Still a hard tv to beat and I won't be selling my Panasonic in a hurry. :)

5 hours ago, _S_A_S_H_ said:

Totally agree! Panasonic never came close 

to the Pioneer Kuro range.

Sorry to go off topic, a fellow Kuro owner here. What is KuroReader and how does KuroReader work.

This tvs blacks are the still up there with the best in the world. OLED may be technically darker, I find the Kuro to do black in a bright room with sensible brightness settings far better than any OLED i've seen.  

@Gremrock Panasonic actually released a ZT above the VT series which sadly never came to Australia. It was fundamentally a Kuro with slightly better image processing made in that famous factory. Funnily enough Pioneer actually purchased that particular factory off Fujitsu along with a string of patents at the beginning of the new millenia. 

Good luck with the sale still worth every cent.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fanatic said:

Sorry to go off topic, a fellow Kuro owner here. What is KuroReader and how does KuroReader work.

This tvs blacks are the still up there with the best in the world. OLED may be technically darker, I find the Kuro to do black in a bright room with sensible brightness settings far better than any OLED i've seen.  

@Fanatic Nick, I downloaded KuroReader to check out usage hours & haven't played around with it apart from that.  It appears to allow access to various areas of the display that are otherwise in accessible -- Service Menu type information.  It's free to download so I'd suggest you try it out for yourself if you're curious.

The OLEDs are nice & improving every year however the various forums are littered with people complaining about various issues: Panel uniformity, colour banding, performance just above black, motion handling, etc...