Record Revirginizer...

42 minutes ago, hammo1981 said:

Have you tried this stuff?? Does it work alright. I have some really dirty records I would love to listen to.

Yes :thumb:....I'm onto my second bottle and this stuff will clean your dirty records better than everything else. Pristine clean! I've turned 'VG' graded records into 'NM' with Revirginizer. ;) Give it a go!

• Like 2

Aren't these two different types of cleaner? I thought the revirginiser was a liquid that was poured on your record and left to set before peeling off?
The melody mate is a cleaning solution, no?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TOPSHELF said:

Aren't these two different types of cleaner? I thought the revirginiser was a liquid that was poured on your record and left to set before peeling off?
The melody mate is a cleaning solution, no?

Correct on both.:)

• Like 1

I love Record Revirginizer but I like the idea of cleaning the record within a few minutes (as opposed to one side overnight) and I see there's a few fans on here of Melody Mate and at $35 a litre would be worth giving it a try.

I might use both, RR for recently purchased second hand records and MM for interim cleans

With the Melody Mate how many ml's would people use per record? (can't seem to find details on their site)

Have you tried this stuff?? Does it work alright. I have some really dirty records I would love to listen to.

If you dont mind time consuming and dont have a lot of dirty records to clean, this will give you great result.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sceeta said:

Very expensive if you've got a few hundred records to clean.

Who would have a few hundred records dirty enough to need Revirginizer?  I only use it on my second hand purchases. All my own records (a few hundred:D) from years ago are clean.:thumb:

I have. Just got back into vinyl and have around 300 that have NEVER been cleaned other than a brush which I have either been given or have collected from various thrift shops, markets and antique shops. So I have a lot of work ahead of me. Just accumulating the bits to build one of OWEN Y's US cleaners. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sceeta said:

I have. Just got back into vinyl and have around 300 that have NEVER been cleaned other than a brush which I have either been given or have collected from various thrift shops, markets and antique shops. So I have a lot of work ahead of me. Just accumulating the bits to build one of OWEN Y's US cleaners. :D

In your case that sounds like a good idea......:thumb::)